Blizzard meeting scheduled

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Blizzard meeting scheduled

by killshot » Sun May 29, 2016 1:05 am

Please stop with this economic superficial knowledge. It's horrible!

I didnt say i got any economic superficial knowledge i just said it requires different hardware and its true so just relax a bit. As for the rest you wrote i tottally agree.

Blizzard will not launch Vanilla Servers as long they work on new Addons. It would be too much risk for them. They can't risk that an old game is more successful than an expensive new game.

You see that one way or another we both agree this all thing is gonna be a joke.
killshot
Private
Private

by MasterQuaster » Sun May 29, 2016 8:28 am

Well on the other hand it's not totaly unrealistic. They could introduce vanilla again. Companys sometimes hit strange decisions.

And another possibility is that investors/shareholders who follow the petition etc. gonna claim vanilla servers as a cash cow.
MasterQuaster
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Sun May 29, 2016 10:50 am

I already seen what is Blizzard plan and i really dislike it.

They start to change HP and the Damage etc on starting zones mobs.

They are prepared to "brainwash" and "manipulate" people again for their "illusion" in Vanilla and modifying the original instead pure "Vanilla".

I am not so sure where does this Meeting goes or what is discussed behind closed door but unless official Announcement i can only assume the very bad and nothing original Vanilla.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by MasterQuaster » Sun May 29, 2016 11:04 am

Yep that's true...
MasterQuaster
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kikeron » Sun May 29, 2016 12:11 pm

melak wrote:
Kikeron wrote:
melak wrote:
NO ONE wants pristine crap, do not encurage that kind of shit solution because its a slap in the face on everyone.... :x

Welcome to reality, then!

Are you for real? If they ever made such a retarded thing, no1 would play on it, it would fail faster than you can paint your face. If Blizzard did go for that even after seeing the reaction after suggestion it, then they must have smoked a way to big bag of star dust :)

The thing is that I agree with you. The reality is that this is what our "ambassadors" can manage.
Kikeron
Sergeant
Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Sun May 29, 2016 1:35 pm

melak wrote:
Kikeron wrote:
melak wrote:
NO ONE wants pristine crap, do not encurage that kind of shit solution because its a slap in the face on everyone.... :x

Welcome to reality, then!

Are you for real? If they ever made such a retarded thing, no1 would play on it, it would fail faster than you can paint your face. If Blizzard did go for that even after seeing the reaction after suggestion it, then they must have smoked a way to big bag of star dust :)

The problem is that : They already began doing this and implementing changes within original game in Classic "Starting level" Zones.

They don't care what people want , they want "new" so they can implement improvements in graphic,performance etc and profit not only by the people but also from "supporting company's" like Nvidia etc.

The reason they don't want "old game" is that their sponsors will fail.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by petroff » Sun May 29, 2016 4:38 pm

I really like vanilla WoW and want to play it again, but i think that will never happen :( Sorry, but i am pessimist about this topic.

The pristine server will never be vanilla WoW, but still will be something. To make again the game harder to play is a right step. One of the big problems now are flying mounts... If Blizzard remove them, people will meat each other often. The servers now look empty because of that... Everyone is somewhere in the sky and LFG, when actually is not looking, because the game do it for you... (sad, but true)

Well its not fun when the game do everything for you... now is more single player, than MMO. Blizzard just do it too simple, so children can have everything with only 3-4 hours per day.

Good luck at the meeting and if you do not success with vanilla server, give them some tips how to do pristine server to be LIKE vanilla, or ever better!! :)
petroff
Tester

by MasterQuaster » Sun May 29, 2016 7:28 pm

They still could do a Vanilla remake with new graphic setups for Nvidia.
MasterQuaster
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Garfunkel » Mon May 30, 2016 4:09 pm

MasterQuaster wrote:Blizzard will not launch Vanilla Servers as long they work on new Addons. It would be too much risk for them. They can't risk that an old game is more successful than an expensive new game.

Yet that is exactly the risk Jagex took with Runescape and it worked out for them. Their "vanilla" Runescape is roughly equally popular as their current version of Runescape and the two versions, based on what I've read, happily co-exist together.

Don't pretend that you have inside knowledge or that you know exactly how investors and shareholders react. It is far more likely that they will applaud any initiative that A) brings more value to the portfolie, ie raising Blizzard share price and B) increases Blizzard profits, ie raising the amount of dividends they get. Everything else is just conjecture and random noise.

killshot wrote:No, they aren't going for any vanilla server, maybe they wanna make the game harder and more challenging but they have officially declined going back to vanilla or TBC which means their CEO and council thought of this idea LOOONG ago before Nostalrius, as many private servers (FEENIX ones had 8k on peak @2011) had raised.

"they" this and "they" that. The lead developer said that people do not want vanilla. Nostalrius proved them wrong. Any claims that Feenix had 8k players is also bullshit - they maybe had 2k at their peak if even that. What's your source for that claim anyway? The only other time that a Blizz staff member commented was that community manager years ago who said that it's not possible since the source code is lost. Thanks to Mark Kern, we now know what loads of people always suspected - that community manager either lied or, more likely, was blowing smoke and didn't really know. As far as I know, Mike Morhaime never issued a statement on vanilla servers before and neither has Blizzard ever given an official press release about them.

Now, there is no guarantee that Blizzard is going to introduce vanilla/legacy servers - but neither is there any guarantee they will not introduce them. It's entirely possible that the senior management at Blizzard haven't made up their minds about the issue.
FInd me on: Laureliana - Lauraliana - Lauroliana - Lauruliana - Lauriliana
NELF POWER!
Garfunkel
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by theluda » Mon May 30, 2016 7:34 pm

Garfunkel wrote:Now, there is no guarantee that Blizzard is going to introduce vanilla/legacy servers - but neither is there any guarantee they will not introduce them. It's entirely possible that the senior management at Blizzard haven't made up their minds about the issue.

Working in one of those companies myself I dare to say... if the final answer was a NO you would already have it. Declining a project usually is done much earlier in the process of such projects than agreeing or delaying. There surely will already have been a technical evaluation on the feasibility of returning the old software to current software platforms (and that means servers and clients). Calculating these costs and weighing them against projected income is so much easier than actually implementing the changes to run things again.
theluda
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements