Meeting report from our post-mortem presentation

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Meeting report from our post-mortem presentation

by Torkin » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:31 pm

I am so glad to see what you have doing since the beginning ! What a amazing thing that blizzard invited you ! God bless Nostalrius! Best server 1.12 Ever !

Torkin
Torkin
Tester

by ceen2 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:23 pm

Blizz tactic works out very well, just sitting it out as usual.
Good job Nost team helping them to keep everything how it was and shutting down Nost for nothing.
ceen2
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Holmes » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:44 pm

so what is going to happen with nostalrius code/scripts? the vanilla community requires proper servers. dont let all your work be wasted!
Holmes
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Mimma » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:02 pm

Holmes wrote:so what is going to happen with nostalrius code/scripts? the vanilla community requires proper servers. dont let all your work be wasted!

They could fix bugs themselfes if they wanted. Unfortunately most private servers don't.
Mimma
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Holmes » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:21 pm

Mimma wrote:
Holmes wrote:so what is going to happen with nostalrius code/scripts? the vanilla community requires proper servers. dont let all your work be wasted!

They could fix bugs themselfes if they wanted.

true. because its so easy to make a server of nostalrius quality.
and its very effective when every single community is fixing one and the same bug by themselves again because nobody wants to share their fixes, code and scripts. thus every server requires like 5 years on average to become decent.
so yes, dont share code. everyone could just fix the bugs themself
Holmes
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by smilkovpetko » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:50 pm

Holmes wrote:
Mimma wrote:

They could fix bugs themselfes if they wanted.

true. because its so easy to make a server of nostalrius quality.
and its very effective when every single community is fixing one and the same bug by themselves again because nobody wants to share their fixes, code and scripts. thus every server requires like 5 years on average to become decent.
so yes, dont share code. everyone could just fix the bugs themself

Feenix is far more than 5 years but never decent. It is way under everyone.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Kikeron » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:44 pm

I hope nost guys get a job there. Premises seem very neat and cool. Since there seem to be no way to satisfy community's will, at least try to work there.
Kikeron
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Geiela » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:42 pm

Excuse me if this has been asked already and I don't want to turn this into a whine fest. But have Blizz ever answered as to why they screwed up the game in the first place?
Geiela
Tester

by TrueSgtMonkey » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:14 am

NOSTRALIUS! GO FOR THE WIN! GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS AWESOME! I HOPE YOU GUYS WIN!
TrueSgtMonkey
Tester

by ivanm » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:54 pm

Guys, why dont they just use new spells and all but keep the content and lvling experience as it is in Vanilla or similar to Vanilla. All that about tremendous work to make something vanilla like is bsheit, coming from guys who made WoW from 0, games such as Overwatch...If I was at the meeting, i would just ask them how they thought WoW fan feels questing in Elwyn forest with that awesome music playing in the background, yet with guys running around on Harley Davidson bikes!? Do the real harcore fans who kickstarted the game in the first place matter so little? Do they not deserve a speck of respect? Blizz, make this happen or leave Nostlalrius and other Vanilla servers alone! Infringement of what by people playing a game that you created and do not allow it?! If you care so little about the jewel you created, let some other people care about it and leave them be...
ivanm
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements