Meeting report from our post-mortem presentation

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Meeting report from our post-mortem presentation

by PeaceHammer » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:39 pm

Raven wrote:So basically there is 0 point in putting any time into any vanilla server until at least Blizzcon.

I feel this way as well. I've turned to my second love (Classic DAOC: https://Uthgard.org) to hold me over until we get official word on Vanilla servers.
PeaceHammer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Devarial » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:41 pm

Thank you Nostalrius team for everything that you've done, we all appreciate it
Devarial
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Zulatomten » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:04 pm

Imbaslap wrote:until then. $0 from me on any blizzard developed game.

Jokes on you. Overwatch is acually fucking great.
As CM Basiok once said " Moon is sheep. Let it be written "
Zulatomten
Tester

by The Shortest Path » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:09 pm

So which one of you had your throat slit by Roose Bolton?
The Shortest Path
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by vaelanor » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:13 pm

Dear All,

Please refrain from extreme language or personal attacks (especially against Senior Blizzard Employee's who we hope to have on our side to achieve the end goal).

The community has always been great, don't self sabotage the movement by treating Blizzard as the enemy. They are the solution, we just need to show them that they are.

Thanks, The GM Team.
vaelanor
Game Master
Game Master

by smilkovpetko » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:18 pm

First of all i want to Congratulate for the Tremendous work you did and raise the voice of the people.

I've got some questions toward Nostalrius Team which i hope to get some answers if you don't mind :

1 -
In the last part of the meeting, as we presented in detail the remaining class/raid bugs, they knew exactly about the spells/talents we were mentioning

I am fully aware that this Class have the most complex build and it is extremely broken in every single privacy server including Nostalrius so as it had many bugs in Retail back in 2005 too.

Did you ever mention the Paladin Specific bugs or related to it or just overall view at bugs?
If you did mention Paladin specific bugs then which ones you did?

2 -
After this meeting, we can affirm that these guys WANT to have legacy WoW servers, that is for sure.

What are the expectation , did they remain open to work in creating legacy WoW Servers or it is idea for (example) perhaps in 2019 as they release expansion every 2 years?

3 -
However, in order to generate the server (and the client), a complex build system is being used. It is not just about generating the “WoW.exe” and “Server.exe” files. The build process takes data, models, maps, etc. created by Blizzard and also generates client and server specific files. The client only has the information it needs and the server only has the information that it needs.

Perhaps with years or months assumption answer would be enough.

I understand the complex of this kind of systems so how long in your opinion this process could take?
Last edited by smilkovpetko on Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Mryul » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:38 pm

Thank you Nostalrius.

Thank you for drawing a new line in the emulation world for content that doesn't exist anymore. You raised the bar above all other servers in terms of effort put into making our play experience the greatest. No other server has put the same effort into limiting the debuff slots and making correct item stat and availability to fit the current progression patch.

It's our job as players to encourage servers to keep the same standard and not be content with stock mangos end patch items like Kronos.

Don't stop playing Vanilla just because Nostalrius was shut down - move elsewhere and continue playing. And encourage the servers you move to, to be the best servers they can, just as Nostalrius did. Keep playing vanilla and make sure our community only grows.

I'm glad that it was Nostalrius that ended up with Blizzard. Hopefully we will have legacy servers at some point.
Mryul
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Tsarmina » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:39 pm

Kudos to the Nost team! You showed them that our community is more than foul mouthed ranting lunatics (once things cooled down a bit) - we have a collective passion for something they created. You made a well crafted presentation which not only appealed to their little gamer nerd selves but hopefully created a spark strong enough to capture the attention of their little gnome profiteer selves.
Tsarmina
Private
Private

by Wryshu » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:52 am

Just release the source, put in on github and let the community further progress and make it as polished as something Blizzard could do themselves.
Wryshu
Grunt
Grunt

by Imbaslap » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:19 am

Zulatomten wrote:
Imbaslap wrote:until then. $0 from me on any blizzard developed game.

Jokes on you. Overwatch is acually fucking great.

im sure it is... just not for $60.
i'll wait for a price drop and when actual content comes out with it.. you know.. competitive mode and such.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9aMpjYFaTk
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements