Meeting report from our post-mortem presentation

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Meeting report from our post-mortem presentation

by Holmes » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:09 pm

thank you so much nostalrius!

im really "proud" of you. youve done excellent work. pre and post shutdown.

but everyone has to remember: for as long as we do not have proper legacy servers, the goal is not reached!
Holmes
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Reapo » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:29 am

Raidian wrote:Why doesn't Blizzard just license Nostralius under the Blizzard EULA with a handshake and some guidelines? Or just buy it out and let you run it? There are many ways this server could still run without interfering with Blizzard's IP rights.

We went through this alot of times, easily said Nost only ran a emulator, it has alot of (known) issues, exploits and so on, Blizzard is rather doing something based on their own code and data ontop of difficult copyright laws, wich make it hard for a company that huge that has investors and so on, it is possible that Blizzard gets the Nost team onboard because of their experience, skill and them being known in the community.

If they are doing it right, maybe even with the guys from Nostalrius, i can definetly wait for it, no need to rush things in expense of quality imo.
Reapo
Tester

by headroom » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:53 am

Very classy.

A sincere thanks to the entire Nost team for representing me in a way I never could, for providing me hands-down the best vanilla experience in a decade, and understanding the importance of preserving what is a enjoyable practice for many, many people.

My only wish now is Blizzard to contract knowledgeable Nost team members to speed up the process of (re)creating a purchaseable vanilla product (providing art assets, code, or any other asset that may fill gaps in Blizzard's knowledge).
headroom
Tester

by oxrocks » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:54 am

I really hope blizzard doesn't make you pay a subscription to play legacy servers.
oxrocks
Tester

by St0rfan » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:02 am

oxrocks wrote:I really hope blizzard doesn't make you pay a subscription to play legacy servers.

You can bet your ass they will, and honestly why wouldnt they? I would happily pay a sub-fee to play on official, high quality legacy servers. People dont play on private legacy servers because it is free, but because it is the game they want to play and there is no legal alternative.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by melak » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:48 am

St0rfan wrote:
oxrocks wrote:I really hope blizzard doesn't make you pay a subscription to play legacy servers.

You can bet your ass they will, and honestly why wouldnt they? I would happily pay a sub-fee to play on official, high quality legacy servers. People dont play on private legacy servers because it is free, but because it is the game they want to play and there is no legal alternative.

indeed, but there seems to be some people who feel entitled to play it for free because they have payed before lul :lol:
A mage is never late
melak
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Sonnywhite » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:36 am

Thanks for doing this!
And thanks for sharing it <3

I aprreciate so much what you guys are doing.... pls pls pls keep it up! :)
Sonnywhite
Tester

by Spluaks » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:46 am

Thank you so much Nostalrius, Hope to see Legacy servers on Blizzcon
Spluaks
Grunt
Grunt

by mijk » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:47 pm

Spluaks wrote:Thank you so much Nostalrius, Hope to see Legacy servers on Blizzcon

When is this "BlizzCon" and how to follow it?
mijk
Tester

by SikSan » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:15 pm

What a dramatical rhitoric change. They were so arrogant all this time with their "the code is lost", and "you think you do but you don't'", "pristine servers" etc. And now it appeared they're all dedicated vanilla lovers who want to establish legacy soooo much! KeK!
SikSan
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements