Meeting report from our post-mortem presentation

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Meeting report from our post-mortem presentation

by Arx_1 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:12 pm

Thank you very much guys for everything you have done.

I would also like to thank Blizzard Entertainment for hearing us out and especially Mr. Mike Morhaime, the CEO of Blizzard Entertainment for making all this possible.
Arx_1
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Keftenk » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:14 pm

Nano, when are you going to fix the Nightmare Dragon spawns? Don't make me message you!

Kek...had to ;; Good old times...ya know?
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Imbaslap » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:16 pm

Viper wrote:Image

Man..
the Nost team are some hardcore nerds with those glasses. :lol: :lol: 8-)
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Niko » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:17 pm

Hey guys, see you on the legacy servers.
R14 this time! Tilt tilt tilt
Last edited by Pottu on Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Put some trousers on
Niko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by ahunter8056 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:17 pm

What I'm getting from this post is this:

Blizzard are respectful of the work Nostalrius staff did, and aren't against the idea of a legacy server, but it would take a ton of time and resources, and they don't want to devote time and resources to create it.

Would love to be proved wrong.

Was astounded that "you think you do, but you don't" guy was there. To me, J. Allen Brack will always be a complete joke for his insulting comment towards fans. Any company representative that tries to tell the people that only the company knows what the fans truly want just should not be in a customer representative role.
ahunter8056
Private
Private

by Rhoen » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:19 pm

ahunter8056 wrote:What I'm getting from this post is this:

Blizzard are respectful of the work Nostalrius staff did, and aren't against the idea of a legacy server, but it would take a ton of time and resources, and they don't want to devote time and resources to create it.

Would love to be proved wrong.

Was astounded that "you think you do, but you don't" guy was there. To me, J. Allen Brack will always be a complete joke for his insulting comment towards fans. Any company representative that tries to tell the people that only the company knows what the fans truly want just should not be in a customer representative role.

Im not surprised he hasn't issued any type of statement, we all know that the video and meme had to have been floating around the office. Smarmy **Edit for language** literally got off insulting someone who's only crime was being a fan.
Rhoen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Norjak » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:21 pm

Chevejo wrote:Can´t tell which one of the guys on the picture is from Blizz or Nostalrius

I recognized a few of the Blizzard faces, others I couldn't really tell who they are, although a couple people are wearing nametags so they're probably from Nost...
Last edited by Norjak on Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Imbaslap » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:22 pm

Norjak wrote:
Chevejo wrote:Can´t tell which one of the guys on the picture is from Blizz or Nostalrius

I recognized a few of the Blizzard faces, others I couldn't really tell who they are, although a couple people are wearing nametags so they're from Nost...

I see 3 with tags so far.. not sure if the tall white shirt guy next to mike morhaime is a nost dude.(he looks very frenchy)

but dam... they are some huge nerds. :D
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by OGTUCKER117 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:22 pm

Wow this is awesome, and it looks like you all had a great time.
I wanna know who is who in that picture though!!
OGTUCKER117
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Robotron » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:25 pm

Imbaslap wrote:
Robotron wrote:This really cool. I hope Blizzcon brings us some good news about legacy servers (I don't expect Blizzard to say anything official until at least that point).

$100 says that blizzard wont say anything until blizzcon...
they want to see how warcraft movie, overwatch, and legion does.

once legion flops (and it will). I'm sure they will be like..
"ok, lets drop legacy on these people since you ***** can't fix retail"

if nothing comes from blizzcon this November about legacy, assume its a dead movement.

#blizzconorbust

My logic is that Blizzard will have to make sure legacy servers are 100% confirmed internally before they make a peep externally, and they will want to make the announcement as bombastic as possible in order to generate maximum hype. Blizzcon is where almost all of their big announcements take place, so it'd make zero sense for them to say anything about legacy servers before then. Especially because, as you said, they have Overwatch/WCM/Legion on the docket right now. The time between Legion's release and Blizzcon is such that the whole "oooh, new shiny" buzz around Legion will have worn off, giving them an opportunity to announce something.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements