Survey announcement

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Survey announcement

by Mryul » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:30 am

It's not a different opinion. It's ignorance. Most of the retail dudes have no idea about the effort that goes into private servers. They think it's just herp derp free game.
Mryul
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Meesodeadly » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:54 am

at this time I'm not only willing to pay the 15, I"m building a new computer in anticipation for it and changing ISP away from satellite (700 Ping blows). I've tried rift, gw2, swtor, archage, none of them have the charm of vanilla wow.

Having said this, I do think the game will go stale given its limits, but I think that will take a while given the number of toons you can have ( and in the old days that was 50 across servers) so I guess that won't be available unless it kicks off big. and if it does catch on big the programmers will tinker with it. I just hope those programmers realize what they're playing with and don't tinker it out of existence again.

Deadly
Meesodeadly
Tester

by Zarant » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:02 pm

I only played on Nostalrius or any other private server for that matter because it's free, without any kind of pay to win bullshit. No private server is worth 15$ a month, even the best ones are still plagued with annoying bugs. On top of that you have the risk of the server shutting down, or having some random scumbag run away with donation money.
Zarant
Private
Private

by arggg » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:53 am

melak wrote:by "do the right thing" i guess you mean : ruin the chances of offical legacy servers in favour of some bugg fixes and the db with my char in it...?

First, fuck Blizzard. They've shit on the vanilla fanbase for years. Second, if they were to be so petty and childish as to abandon any plans for vanilla servers just because some dudes released some non-copyright infringing code, then fuck 'em again.
arggg
Tester

Previous

Return to Announcements