Survey announcement

Nostalrius official announcements

Survey announcement

by Viper » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:07 pm

Greetings,

Two weeks ago, a new step was accomplished in the World of Warcraft legacy servers history by presenting all the work the Nostalrius team did at Blizzard HQ. The tremendous work done included an overall presentation of our post mortem documentation and a feedback from the survey related to legacy servers where more than 50,000 players participated.

These statistics are something we are willing to share with you and will be available next weekend. It will help the gaming community, and more specifically the World of Warcraft community to understand that legacy servers in a MMORPG context are much more than the will of a few nostalgic players for a short amount of time. Legacy gaming could take an increasing importance in the game-makers strategies, the success of Old School Runescape being only a precursor.

Long term and successful MMORPG games like World of Warcraft aren't only "another game", but are truly part of the memories of million of players, and belong as such to the history of humanity. Players chose legacy realms not because they are Free to Play, but rather because they consider it as a different game compared to the one it has become, especially when strategics choices made over 10 years changed the core audience of the game.

Legacy servers should be considered as a possibility at all levels of a MMORPG development (marketing, software architecture, configuration management, etc.), starting from the specification. If the game is successful for more than 3/4 years, and if changes or evolution are being done to the game through years, then a need for legacy can be identified and adressed.

Expect additional news from our team during the following weeks.

Best regards,
Nostalrius
Viper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Survey announcement

by cyklon » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:12 pm

Interesting, looking forward to it!
cyklon
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by kutsal » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:15 pm

Very interested in the results. Thanks for this!
kutsal
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Padarius » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:18 pm

Thanks guys! Love getting these updates. I'm on the edge of my seat week by week.
Shop Smart, Shop Padsmart
Padarius
Grunt
Grunt

by Jademunkey » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:20 pm

Very interested in these survey results. I expect I will not be surprised by the feedback, which I hope is overwhelming.
Jademunkey
Private
Private

by Youfie » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:23 pm

Screenshot from french client spotted :3.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by CaptainLoozer » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:25 pm

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with one part.

I think a lot of players most certainly play legacy servers because they are free to play. World of Warcraft hasn't been worth 15 dollars a month for years. A bigger part of it is because we enjoy the pristine versions of Vanilla, but at the same time, being free is also a big factor.

For example, I can agree with Vanilla/BC/Wrath were my favorite times in WoW, however, I would not be willing to pay 15 dollars a month for that content any longer. On the flip side, I'm not willing to pay 15 dollars a month for the live version either since it's crap.
CaptainLoozer
Tester

by Hawt » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:30 pm

For a first second I thought the screenshot was taken by me, but then I realized I don't have a french client.

Close enough.

Good news though.
Hawt
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Wryshu » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:48 pm

Do the right thing. Release the source.
Wryshu
Grunt
Grunt

by Niko » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:49 pm

Nice mate soon we r14 on #legacy
Hype u idiet nerds
Last edited by Pottu on Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Put some trousers on
Niko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Next

Return to Announcements