Post Mortem document release

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Post Mortem document release

by Undertanker » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:48 pm

Thanks for the read. Though the extended silence on Blizz's part makes be believe the meeting was a PR stunt. I remain relations with all of my companies corporate clients, even when we have nothing positive for them.

Touching base is very important in keeping a professional relationship.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by St0rfan » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:21 pm

Undertanker wrote:Thanks for the read. Though the extended silence on Blizz's part makes be believe the meeting was a PR stunt. I remain relations with all of my companies corporate clients, even when we have nothing positive for them.

(if) blizzard are indeed planing on implementing legacy-realms we wont hear about it until after Legion release because confirming legacy may hurt legion sales.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Kikeron » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:29 am

St0rfan wrote:
Undertanker wrote:Thanks for the read. Though the extended silence on Blizz's part makes be believe the meeting was a PR stunt. I remain relations with all of my companies corporate clients, even when we have nothing positive for them.

(if) blizzard are indeed planing on implementing legacy-realms we wont hear about it until after Legion release because confirming legacy may hurt legion sales.

do yo know that for a fact or just guessing?
Kikeron
Sergeant
Sergeant

by St0rfan » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:26 pm

Kikeron wrote:
St0rfan wrote:

do yo know that for a fact or just guessing?

Its only an educated guess. If a legacy release would hurt legion sales, common sense dictates that they will hold back on that announcement until after Legion has been released. I'm guessing there are some people (including myself) that will skip legion entirely if we knew for a fact that a legacy-release would come soon after. I remain an optimist. There is no way in hell that legion would bring back millions of subscribers while official legacy vanilla/tbc/wotlk realms would definitely do meaning there is a huge economic oportunity for blizzard here.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by smilkovpetko » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:23 pm

Doing the same mistake all over again and again it is an edge of insanity.

Nostalrius is nothing more but a messenger for Blizzard to wake up from their Narcissism and Dreams.

I am 100% positive that they will release Legacy, It might be with improved GFX we never know.
But certainly they will release Legacy because from now on they will struggle hard each expansion.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Wryshu » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:56 pm

I don't think Activision-Blizzard is going to make a legacy server any time soon. Meanwhile, for the last several months we COULD have been playing the legacy we want, IF ONLY they would release the source. With the new google fiber cable in place, low pings are a reality now on servers hosted in places out of Blizzard's reach.

The best clear option here is for them to release the source and stop trying to be some kind of legacy messiahs.
Wryshu
Grunt
Grunt

by Theoloras » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:10 pm

smilkovpetko wrote:I love that Theloras name is here as Volunteer ^^ Paladins Rule!

List of volunteers since the opening of this international project in 2015:

Daemon, Viper, Déus, Clank, Poluxgama, Hoover, Joan, Chakor, Geist, Raazi, Sredna,
Hammer, Helios, Mute, Igen, Witcher, Dreadzi, Krusher, Lecat, Digitalz, Launcher, Elessar,
Life, Cantrip, Kraos, Wyzel, Morran, String, Makumba, Fenrir, Cthulhu, Paraskoi, Cursive,
Korval, Aerbax, Metzu, Theldras, Etiakor, Pottu, Tyrael, Same, Testy, Velsdra, Eurie, Faith,
Neo, Rizah, Shatterbird, Nano, Leamas, Voltog, Eragon, Radius, Tigru, Ithlien, Syrah,
Seshinryu, Abathur, Xendly, SanAntonio, Ninniel, Nathrizyr, Benevael, Eldoth, Arthad,
Naealath, Leythia, Shahkar, Adarlas, Coff, Nalorius, Fafner, Stryg, Theloras, Hawk, Rof-
feal, Akasso, Quietist, Cabotage, Eragon, Carbuncle, Schluepper, Vaelanor, Bulmonk, Cy- gore.

Not gonna lie, this brought a smile to my face when I read it :)

It was nice to see that my contributions were appreciated by the Nost crew even though I had sharp elbows at times lol!

But it's good to know that my input and suggestions were listened to by you guys - so cheers to you.

John (aka Theloras)
Theoloras
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by St0rfan » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:35 am

Wryshu wrote:I don't think Activision-Blizzard is going to make a legacy server any time soon. Meanwhile, for the last several months we COULD have been playing the legacy we want, IF ONLY they would release the source. With the new google fiber cable in place, low pings are a reality now on servers hosted in places out of Blizzard's reach.

The best clear option here is for them to release the source and stop trying to be some kind of legacy messiahs.

This is the 2nd "1x rate private vanilla server" I've cleared available content and gotten BiS gear on and I dont feel like going a 3rd time only to have that shutdown aswell. If keeping the source-code is a necessary condition to get blizzard to release official legacy-realms, I'm all for it but if blizzard think this gag-order will silence us and force us back to the shitshow that retail wod/Legion is/will be then they are SORELY mistaken.

The only way blizzard gets me to subscribe again is official legacy-servers.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by metagame » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:29 pm

The code should have been open-sourced from the beginning. Unfortunately we're not in that situation now, our universe is the result of waveforms collapsed upon the decisions we've all made.

From here, I would give Blizzard another 8-9 months before releasing the code.

Keeping Vanilla fans away from the quality realm they deserve is an abuse of our trust. What little respect for Blizzard I have will be lost if they decide not to implement a legacy server of their own. I hope they go down that path for ours and their own sake.
Blockchain - night elf warrior
Meta - gnome warlock
metagame
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Norjak » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:01 am

The meeting has occurred, and the community has spoken. Blizzard's not responding to further attempts toward communication is typical of a large company who doesn't make decisions quickly, and Nost will always be 'outsiders' until there is some kind of written business agreement. Personally I doubt that such a thing would ever come to fruition, and Nost should just release their source code back to the community. Legacy WoW servers aren't anywhere close to being a high priority for them. If Blizzard ever does come out with a Legacy version of WoW, whether or not there are private servers running a quality version of scripting/code won't have any bearing on what they do.
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements