Post Mortem document release

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Post Mortem document release

by Drain » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:23 am

I'm another one that won't ever buy another Blizzard product again. I don't have much hope left that Nost is coming back or that they're going to host, but the Blizzcon is coming in a few more months. I can wait it out that long. If we don't hear anything by then, it'll be time for me to move on.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Mryul » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:22 am

Nostalrius will always be a titan, something we'll probably never see again. Best of luck. Everyone don't let your guard down, keep showing Blizzard that the demand is real.
Mryul
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by kovenant » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:04 am

awesome document!
read it completely and was amazed by the quality of the report, it's completeness and clarity!

especially by how the load was balanced, the code was tweaked to reduce the latency/load times and the hardware used.

this is a short manual for what to expect when going big in private server community.
kovenant
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Oitake » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:12 am

wiggum wrote:I will continue to boycott ALL Activision/Blizzard games until legacy servers are release and/or authorized directly by Blizzard.

Yes, I feel the same, but Nostalrius...

You're doing a hell of a job! Absolutely awesome you keep fighting for this! Yes, Blizzard sees no new posts on the forums and thinks it's all blown over. Guess again: people just won't spend another €13 just to tuck on Blizzard's skirt.

But dayum, blizzard, I can't even check out videos of other people playing overwatch (a game that would have interested me) because I get this horrid feeling in my stomach. I'm so sick and tired of even hearing the name 'blizzard'. The way they treat people is disgusting and they won't get another penny from me in any possible way.

Btw for those looking for a new legacy server: kronos II seems to be doing well, with lots of people. I myself play on vanilla.re (legacy servers) which is still in beta but very playable (improving every day) and nostalrius-like (that is, blizzard-like with no changes or shop but I hate the word blizzard). Not many people yet though a very strong core, at least on horde side.
If someone else knows a great server, post it here as well. I have no hate for anyone who plays legacy, so please, no rivalry over something we all like. I just want to meet everyone again and play this awesome game together.

edit: If I ever win the lottery, I'll buy the whole project all together. You guys are far more professional than blizzard will ever be.
Last edited by Pottu on Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quote
Oitake
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Kikeron » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:50 am

That was a nice document.

I have one question. You seem to intent to wait till Blizzcon for some announcement concerning this case. What if they do not make one or it is not satisfactory (like the pristine they proposed)? Are you gonna do something then?
Kikeron
Sergeant
Sergeant

by abbath » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:25 am

i really don't understand what this reports for? hold the attention? play for time?
since the nostalrius shutdown - 4 months community waiting for clarity. instead of this we see useless topics and reports, tons of monotonous messages like 'thanks.you're great.never forget.gimme the source' considering its spam.

personally I respect your work, but need the answer for the main question.
either will be a vanilla servers or not?! (if 'yes' -> WHEN?)
you had a meeting with blizz already, so you should know.
admins, please answer that simple question at last, ffs! i'm sure that's the only one answer which 99% of your fans wanted to know!
abbath
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Holmes » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:49 am

impressive numbers and stuff, but who really cares?
instead of telling us how youve done so great etc, tell us about the heritage and vanilla WoWs future
Holmes
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by crimsonsage » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:08 pm

One of the questions that was asked in the survey, that I don't see answered in the "Post Mortem" was (paraphrashing):

How many players do you think a legacy realm should have online?

The question was something to that effect, with a few thresholds available for answers. I'd really like to see the results to this question.
crimsonsage
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Honeyhash » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:06 pm

Wow! Thank you very much for this documentation!
Honeyhash
Private
Private

by Rikkisix » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:42 pm

Pretty nice read, I doubt anyone know's if they will give us legacy servers maybe not even blizzard themselves, might be a huge coup or they just don't care. Just wait it out. I know you kids these days can't do that well but psh trust me, start reading and that'll teach you how to wait for things. Remember those 3-7 year wait for good books? GL Mate.
Also known As Rageheart / Pintero Or the guy who's been hittin on tauren woman since 05?
Rikkisix
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements