T-shirt campaign

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: T-shirt campaign

by elementbender346 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:43 pm

Nice! i'm so glad you guys have finally decided to do something after a whole summer of silence from the nost crew. I do have to wonder tho, everyone seems to be very doubtful about blizzard actually saying something about legacy at blizzcon (myself included). So i hope nost decides that blizzard will not release legacy for a long time if they dont do it now i think if there is silence at blizzcon nost should re open the servers and ignore the warning blizzard gave because more than likely blizzard was never going to actually pursue legal action
elementbender346
Tester

by PeaceHammer » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:08 pm

Really wish I could go to Blizzcon. I'd buy a hundred of these and just hand them out.
PeaceHammer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Drain » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:13 pm

You think Blizzard will care about people wearing a shirt at Blizzcon? Seriously, wake up. They've dumped on us. They're never going to support Legacy or give you permission to resume hosting. Why are you still holding on to hope? Have they even answered you back since the meetings?

Bring this server back up, stick your middle finger up, and make them take you to court if they want you to shutdown. You could easily raise any money necessary for your defense if they want to take you to court. You saw the backlash over the shutdown didn't you? There would be another one just as big if a court battle happened, and everyone would wallet open for your defense.

But Blizzard probably wouldn't want to sue you, because of how big the first backlash was. They're still trying to damage control that shit by making a remake of SC 1 now. They're like, "Legacy SC 1, that's what everyone wanted right? Well. Take it. Now stop asking us for Legacy WoW."

Blizzard is never going to come around and host or authorize you to host. If they haven't said anything else back to you before Blizzcon, it should be obvious. So bring the damn servers back up.
Last edited by Drain on Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Noxm » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:16 pm

its a good idea, at least it will permit to reconized ppl who played on Nostalrius during Blizzconn :)
Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Keftenk » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:01 pm

My concern is that these shirts aren't exactly easily accessible and available to those that are most likely going to go to Blizzcon. Sure, there is always a crowd that is from overseas that attends and yes there will be those devoted individuals who will be up bright and early to buy one that will attend Blizzcon that are in the US, but...

...a limited quantity, with a sub-goal of showing your support at Blizzcon, yet the limited sale starting at 6AM for most that will probably actually be there? Who knows. I could be completely over thinking it or people just aren't going to buy, so there will be plenty for those who are attending Blizzcon who want to show their support to have one.
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Cable » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:00 pm

Very nice move of you with exchanging information for other legacy servers for other games. It's definitely a market that hasn't really been touched or looked at before.

A t-shirt is definitely something I'd consider buying. :geek:
Cable
Tester

by nervous » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:02 am

Viper wrote:

The time is always right to do what is right.
Martin Luther King Jr.

Jesus fuckin christ do you really think a "movement" over a game like this is comparable to the civil rights movement? what an insult
<GRIZZLY>
nervous
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by DeeMarie » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:14 am

Lol, if only Gandhi had had a T-Shirt campaign...

Personally, since Nostalrius quit the scene, took all the database with them despite promising to release it, I'd rather a T-shirt promoting both legacy and retail, like the Aldi adverts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG_a-rE73xc
Nostalrused...
DeeMarie
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Pottu » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:35 pm

nervous wrote:Jesus fuckin christ do you really think a "movement" over a game like this is comparable to the civil rights movement? what an insult

Where exactly did Viper claim that legacy server movement is comparable to the US civil rights movement of the 1960s? Please do not jump into hasty conclusions.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by Norjak » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:23 pm

Drain wrote:Blizzard is never going to come around and host or authorize you to host.

"It's very difficult", "it requires a great deal of work" etc. But they "love" the idea.
The community will always care about legacy more than Blizzard.
I hope these shirts are well-represented at Blizzcon...
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements