Tester

Re: Feedback from the T-shirt campaign & Blizzcon

by Haitharn » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:50 pm

Haitharn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by klavier285 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:11 pm

Optilasgar wrote:how much more than 200 T-Shirts? 201, 202?

I mean, having money to give to a good cause is always a cool thing no matter how much or how little, and getting some Blizz Legacy Server news with it is also nice, but how can you call 200 T-Shirt sales a success when the server had over 800K accounts and over 150K people PvP Ranking at the End?

I didn't buy one because I didn't like the design. I am however interested in this second shirt campaign with just a regular Nostalrius shirt, I'll buy one of those.
klavier285
Tester

by Youfie » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:21 pm

klavier285 wrote:
Optilasgar wrote:how much more than 200 T-Shirts? 201, 202?

I mean, having money to give to a good cause is always a cool thing no matter how much or how little, and getting some Blizz Legacy Server news with it is also nice, but how can you call 200 T-Shirt sales a success when the server had over 800K accounts and over 150K people PvP Ranking at the End?

I didn't buy one because I didn't like the design. I am however interested in this second shirt campaign with just a regular Nostalrius shirt, I'll buy one of those.

Same for me.

Viper wrote:Dear community,
if Blizzard doesn't make an announcement to honour their own core values, be sure that we will.

Since nobody (surprisingly) posted it yet:

Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by ThoronaX » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:29 pm

I'm with you. This is their chance to step forward and announce their intentions towards official legacy servers. If they mess this up, which includes staying silent, I got no other option left.

I'm playing vanilla wow in 2017. No matter what.
ThoronaX
Grunt
Grunt

by Luxon » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:38 pm

inb4 Blizzard announces legacy servers but with heavy redesigns, everyone will be on the hype train even tough the game will most likely suck balls as the activi$ion blizzard track record shows.
Luxon
Grunt
Grunt

by Scrootles » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:48 pm

You have my attention. Go on. What are you guys gonna do?
Spudicus Level 60 Human Mage
Danderfeliac Level 33 Night Elf Druid
Shlongdingle Level 2 Gnome Warlock
Scrootles
Tester

by melak » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:55 pm

TK-34 wrote:You mean like you "honored" your promise to release the source code back to the git you've built your own server off of, citing the flimsiest excuse ever conceived?

You people do realize legacy servers would be heavily filled with the issue that plague modern WoW right?

*Cash shop
*insta <max level>
*cash shop mounts
*EXP boosts

They'll find a way to do such

Yeah, there is a big risk of that happening sadly :cry:
A mage is never late
melak
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Hobospices » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:58 pm

According to the discussion we had since our official meeting at their headquarters, they now have everything in their hands to fulfil the large community request for Legacy servers, solving all the previous technical issues they highlighted during the feedback they provided.

As a consequence, if Blizzard doesn't make an announcement to honour their own core values, be sure that we will.

In the end, pleasing the community is the ONLY thing which should matter.

What does this mean? Does this mean that if Blizzard doesn't announce official legacy servers at Blizzcon, the Nost servers will come back up?

Either way, I'm delighted and can't wait! I will gladly pay Blizzard $15/mo for a legacy server account if they have the sense to create one. Otherwise, there are plenty of private alternatives.
Hobospices
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements