Feedback from Open PVP Session

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Feedback from Open PVP Session

by Insignia » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:20 pm

Will the glitchy/buggy movement system and sub movement system be fixed?
It's seemed like the player and server gets desynced every second, as most of the time players were warping around.

I mean, come on. It's been under development for over 4 years.
Packet sniffing isn't that hard either.
Rogue God
Insignia
Grunt
Grunt

by Hatson » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:26 pm

What?
Insignia. You're the only one I've ever heard reporting that issue.
Everyone else, including myself, praised the server for perfectly smooth gameplay and no movement related issues with any spells or any players around themselves. There was literally non-existant rubberbanding, unlike most privates.
You're the only one I've ever heard say he experienced that here. Could you go into more detail? Or possibly some ideas of why you're the only one to experience this?

I myself played on both the tests, and I only found mechanically related bugs, as in related to some class and spell mechanics. And some duel mechanics / friendly aoe spells affecting ppl in duels, etc.
But everything I reported got fixed within an hour. And the one thing about the server that worked the BEST out of all, was exactly the thing you're saying wasn't working well for you.
So I'm very curious as to how, or even why, you're the only one reporting this so far.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Clank » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:47 pm

Will the glitchy/buggy movement system and sub movement system be fixed?

We have changed how the delay is handled beetwen client and server to make the game responsive ( player are actually where you see them ). The client is usually interpolating movement due to delay and when the player position get actualised sometimes it creates a little glitch on players ( if the client movement interpolation was wrong ).

Removing this feature will make player position less accurate and it ll lead to melee class having trouble at landing melee skills, as you can experience it on a default mangos server.
This doesnt really impact range or caster gameplay but it does impact significantly the melee class gameplay.

So we could make movement smoother, but we will have to put back the default client delay handler. Or modifiying the client itself if we want to keep player position accurate as possible.
Last edited by Clank on Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Clank
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Jeniaxx » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:45 pm

Insignia wrote:Will the glitchy/buggy movement system and sub movement system be fixed?
It's seemed like the player and server gets desynced every second, as most of the time players were warping around.

You must be mistaking with the PVP session of another server, really.
Want to play Horde,have fun and clean the PVE content within a guild with strong ambitions ?
If YES then send us your application here http://rid-nostalrius.wowlaunch.com or contact Hatson, Kratu, Slaede or Althros IG
Jeniaxx
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Grungie » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:23 am

Nope he's right.
Grungie
Grunt
Grunt

by balsh » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:29 am

that's what I saw from the test videos and my main concern about the server right now.
balsh
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Hatson » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:07 am

Do you guys mind pointing me to these videos? Or any footage? I have never heard anyone say this, and it's strange that only now is anyone talking about it.
I played on both tests fully and I never saw any of it, not even once. No rubberbanding at all. No warping players. No charge bugs. No Blink bugs. No stutters. No gouge / stun / distract repositions. Nothing.
I saw a lot of bugs. But the prime thing that worked perfectly was exactly what you guys are saying was an issue.

Please, do provide footage. As clearly some of you seem to have experienced it. Yet no one reported it. That makes no sense to me.
The White Blacksmith.
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by balsh » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:09 pm

Start with yours like I pointed out in the other thread, and I'm not talking about the bug making the priest warp.
I'm talking about glitchy animation and micro warping players. Not everyone will notice it, especialy ppl who never played retail or did ages ago.
You can also check the nostalrius channel, this glitch is everywhere on their vids.
For instance look at the mage running towards you at 28:07 on your video and when he jumps. And your video is full of this stuff.
Everytime a player stops moving etc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YlqGtWt4SM&feature=player_detailpage#t=1685
balsh
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Hatson » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:17 pm

I guess I didn't notice that because I'm so used to playing on every other private server. Where it's way worse than that tiny hop skip.
I played retail since 2005, but I quit in 2011. But of all the privates I've played, that's the smallest skips or rubberbanding I've ever seen. And it seems it was so small that I didn't even notice it, really.
I guess I have should have noticed it. But I didn't. You're right, there is some of it. And it would be nice to see it fixed. However, it is very minor compared to pretty much all other privates.
The White Blacksmith.
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Kratuzov » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:19 pm

Most of these things cant be even bugfixed because they may be client based. :-) If someone with slow internet join it will be always like this no matter what.
Kratuzov
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements