Feedback from Open PVP Session

Nostalrius official announcements

Feedback from Open PVP Session

by Viper » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:08 pm

Dear community,

First of all, we would like to thank you for having spent your time finding remaining issues regarding PvP content. Thanks to the 407 players who participated in this session, we could get the remaining list of issues to fix. Please find below the report of this session.

* Server stability
Our main concern was to ensure that the last major modifications we made since the beta did not introduce server crashes, or affected global stability. To get as many data as possible regarding potential crashes, we decided to setup the server in debug mode. Only one crash occurred, and it was fixed right away.

As a consequence of this "debug mode", the realm was significantly slower than it could have been (~10.3 times slower after calculation).

A default MaNGOS core could not handle more than 50 active players in debug mode without lag. We managed to handle more than 150 players connected at the same time (including more than 50 on the same area) without any lag. This was possible thanks to our load balancing systems, and our safe mode engine that gets automatically triggered to limit lags to some areas (causing a few localized bugs). These 2 features were developed by our development team.

To sum up, we got the proof that our realm was ready to handle a lot of players, and that the optimizations we made were effective.

* Cheats
3 external crashes attempts from hackers detected : all failed.
5 hackers detected who couldn't wait for our Hacking session ;)

* Issues reported from the players and from our tools
We received ~100 bugs during the session (from the forum, in-game & with our tools).
34 were corrected during the session and 50 in less than 24 hours.
Right now, we managed to fix 80% of the issues encountered.
For these bugs, we classified 15 bugs as critical, which were fixed right away.

For information, PvP issues are one of the most difficult things to fix.
Players who reported issues on the forum will soon get an opportunity to go back on the realm to test that the applied fixes work properly.

* Internal Feedback
We maybe should have put more Game Master available during the game?
We should have created more videos regarding Alterac to help people understanding how to unlock events.

Players were for most happy to play and tests things : no moderation needed, and this is a major thing for us. The session showed you how Nostalrius Begins takes the debugging seriously ;)

The show must now continue right away : continue to subscribe on our Facebook, Youtube & Twitter !

The next step ... is near.

Kind Regards,
Nostalrius
Viper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Feedback from Open PVP Session

by bloodfirst » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:11 pm

Never seen such professionalism in a private server team. Im not very aware of Vanilla bugs so I just came for test and see with my own eyes the quality you have to offer and it's here ! Great job overall !

Hope the release is soon because now it's harder to wait :D
bloodfirst
Private
Private

by Imbaslap » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:07 pm

bloodfirst wrote:Never seen such professionalism in a private server team. Im not very aware of Vanilla bugs so I just came for test and see with my own eyes the quality you have to offer and it's here ! Great job overall !

I second this. the response and enthusiasm from the Dev team is more than I could ask for from a Private wow Server.
I hope this next step is what I think it is. ;)
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Alterego » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:41 pm

You guys are great. Keep the good work up and make it quick, can't wait to play! ;)
Alterego
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Normander01 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:02 pm

Hate to bother, but if the next step is another test or release. May we have another 1-2week notice? would be awesome! Thanks
<GM> Blacklisted
Twitch Nos/Retail Streamer ~~ https://www.twitch.tv/Normander01
Youtube ~~ youtube.com/Normandah09
Normander01
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Silent » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:09 pm

Congrats on this really great job, I tried to report as much bug as I can, especially on the Rogue class -as I always played it- but I was unable to find something wrong...

So thank you guys, I can feel the nostalgia coming from there !
Former dwarven female rogue Silente ²
Silent
Private
Private

by Aquane » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:28 pm

Imbaslap wrote:
bloodfirst wrote:Never seen such professionalism in a private server team. Im not very aware of Vanilla bugs so I just came for test and see with my own eyes the quality you have to offer and it's here ! Great job overall !

I second this. the response and enthusiasm from the Dev team is more than I could ask for from a Private wow Server.

no, no
its not gonna come out as the next step

first they're gonna do another PvP test, and then later they're gonna do an anti-cheat test, as they've said before

we've got at least 2 tests left, and even then they still haven't player tested naxx or AQ40 yet

you're got maybe until February
Aquane
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by regstormy » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:12 am

Thanks for the great update and information!
I look forward to the next step soon :)
regstormy
Private
Private

by Avshar » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:26 pm

Aquane wrote:
Imbaslap wrote:

no, no
its not gonna come out as the next step

first they're gonna do another PvP test, and then later they're gonna do an anti-cheat test, as they've said before

we've got at least 2 tests left, and even then they still haven't player tested naxx or AQ40 yet

you're got maybe until February

and some pve test for 60lvl dungeons would be nice as well 8-)
...'Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate...
Avshar
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Noxx » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:08 pm

I was a tester on a other private realm and when they allowed us to Quest / dungeon test they found ALOT more bugs crashes etc then during their earlier PvP tests. So mabe nostalrius should have one too before release
Noxx
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Announcements