Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Nostalrius t-shirt campaign

by Akpepe » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:43 am

My body is ready.
Akpepe
Tester

by Homan » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:49 am

Will they give Blizzard some grace time for them to mention legacy as per their claim?

or will Nostalrius actually draw a line in the sand and break bad? :)

Im glad I didnt mess with my char's and give stuff away - hope they have the old data from their previous host in paris
Homan
Private
Private

by Darkeyez » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:47 am

Homan wrote:Will they give Blizzard some grace time for them to mention legacy as per their claim?

Im glad I didnt mess with my char's and give stuff away - hope they have the old data from their previous host in paris

They should NOT start the new realm with characters from Nostalrius Begins. Why? Because people were doing really stupid things like giving away gold, buying fireworks, deleting characters etc.

My Tauren Druid is sleeping in a small graveyard in Red Cloud Mesa, where it all began 500 hours earlier. I don't want to wake him up, this part of WoW history is over. Nostalrius Reborn should be a fresh realm with all the fixes they implemented, such as dynamic respawn etc.

Kneeling before my forefathers :cry:
Resto Druid - <Amelinium>
Darkeyez
Grunt
Grunt

by Nelythia » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:54 am

Darkeyez wrote:
Homan wrote:Will they give Blizzard some grace time for them to mention legacy as per their claim?

They should NOT start the new realm with characters from Nostalrius Begins. Why? Because people were doing really stupid things like giving away gold, buying fireworks, deleting characters etc.

My Tauren Druid is sleeping in a small graveyard in Red Cloud Mesa, where it all began 500 hours earlier. I don't want to wake him up, this part of WoW history is over. Nostalrius Reborn should be a fresh realm with all the fixes they implemented, such as dynamic respawn etc.

Its obvious that Nostalrius has back ups.

Right before the announcement of the shutdown they made their weekly PvP calculation. This is probably connected with a save of the servers, so that when something goes wrong during the calculation, they can just reset to the working version.

Of course we don't know if they actually have a back up of that (or similar situations before the announcement), but I wouldn't be surprised if they had.
Nelythia - 60 Warrior
Naulii - 60 Warrior

Thanks everyone for playing on Nostalrius, it was the best WoW experience in a long time.
Nelythia
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Paco » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:00 pm

Nost is retweeten so much... guys something is going to happen!

Can't fucking wait anymore.... :D
Paco
Tester

by Darkeyez » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:12 pm

Paco wrote:Nost is retweeten so much... guys something is going to happen!

I think they should have donations system this time. I would be more than glad to donate to them every month!
Resto Druid - <Amelinium>
Darkeyez
Grunt
Grunt

by Lazyy » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:19 pm

Darkeyez wrote:
My Tauren Druid is sleeping in a small graveyard in Red Cloud Mesa, where it all began 500 hours earlier. I don't want to wake him up, this part of WoW history is over.

I got 70+ days on my warrior and I also have alts. There are people with 100+ days on their mains. Please dont tell them to reset when you really only got to 60 and collected some MC loot. :)
Lazyy
Grunt
Grunt

by phyriel » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:30 pm

Darkeyez wrote:

I think they should have donations system this time. I would be more than glad to donate to them every month!

They had donation system.
phyriel
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by melak » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:32 pm

phyriel wrote:
Darkeyez wrote:

They had donation system.

Which they did hide after a while, and then in the end started doing that community payment thingy instead.
A mage is never late
melak
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Absomal » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:33 pm

I think the server should start anew, it wouldn't be fair for all the new players who joined to have to compete against everybody who is overgeared.

I feel like you just want to keep your geared characters so you can enjoy your game without resistance from new players.

The servers should start fresh and everybody can meet new players on their way to level 60, make new friends and guilds.

It's for the best.
Absomal
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements