Nostalrius t-shirt campaign

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Nostalrius t-shirt campaign

by Absomal » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:37 pm

Lazyy wrote:Actual reasons. Youre funny.

You sai:
- We are noobs
- who feel like gods
- because of our gear.
- No skill.
- We will gank you.
- It will take you years to catch up.

You just wont get it Absomal. Im tired of arguing. Consider yourself the winner.

I also argued that the economy will be biased in your favor and new players won't have a chance to break in, I argued that players will lose the sense of progression since everybody else will be far ahead of them, I also brought up the point of not being accepted into guilds due to our lack of gear so we will be wandering around trying to find a way to get better gear without being in a good guild.

No man, I won't allow you to do that to me.

To make me sound like an irrational person arguing a lost cause, that's a new low.

You won't be able to see how a fresh start will help everybody.
Absomal
Grunt
Grunt

by TankingBear » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:38 pm

Absomal is a troll, don't feed..
TankingBear
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Absomal » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:40 pm

phyriel wrote:
Absomal wrote:I will not grovel at your feet and try to impress you like a circus animal just so I can progress and enjoy my time on Nostalrius, no way man.

So long then. Its not on me either to reset my 60+ days played because u don't feel like proving your worth in MMO game, especially in vanilla which test your ability to get a way with people the most.

I don't need to prove my worth to anybody, I want to be able to make friends, join guilds and play the game like everybody else.

You seem to think that old players are far more important than new players because of time played?

Then why aren't old people just automatically elected as presidents and kings of entire countries just because they're older than everybody else?

That argument is a really, really bad one to stick with.
Absomal
Grunt
Grunt

by Absomal » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:41 pm

TankingBear wrote:Absomal is a troll, don't feed..

You sound like the 40 year old mothers on Facebook who just learned about the word "troll" on the internet and use it to label anybody who has a differing opinion to theirs.

I bet you think trolls are cyberbullies too, don't you?

You're afraid and you're now trying to shut me up so I won't have any influence on the server's fate.

Admit it.
Absomal
Grunt
Grunt

by phyriel » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:44 pm

I don't need to prove my worth to anybody, I want to be able to make friends, join guilds and play the game like everybody else.

You started awfully bad then :P

If thats a peak of your Nost ambitions then you don't need fresh start to begin with. For anything else than 5mans any mby pug zg and mc u will need to appear worth to people that decide about giving you a spot in groups. It doesn't mean u have to be geared asap but I have a feeling (yes I'll give myself a right to judge you based on a "feeling" as it seems you gave yourself right to do same) vanilla ain't for you man.
Last edited by phyriel on Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
phyriel
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Aragot » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:47 pm

Absomal you will be ganged no matter if fresh start or not. Who are you to wonna more than 15k characters to be deleted ?
Aragot
Tester

by Absomal » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:50 pm

phyriel wrote:

What should I have done?

Conformed to how you guys think and just accept that you're right even though you're not?

Is that how one makes a friend? By forcing themselves to conform to said friend's interests?

I don't think you understand the concept of making friends.
Absomal
Grunt
Grunt

by Tholren » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:52 pm

Perhaps one of the best reasons for a fresh start is that it won't create a divide between those who played prior to the shutdown and those who haven't. I have not played on Nost before the shutdown, and the though of being so massively far behind is a bit disheartening. It's not that I will be competitive on the server or anything of the sort, but feeling, at least, on par with everyone else in a generic manner is very satisfactory.
It does seem rather unfortunate for those who have put a lot of investment into their, now wiped off, characters. However, do consider the feeling of playing alongside everyone else again. Vanilla has an odd leveling experience, it's grindy and stressful and you're always somewhat struggling for resources, asking others for help, you're pretty much the underdog the entire time, but I guess that's what an adventure is really all about.

Assuming their announcement is about Nost coming back, they will have a difficult decision to make. Hopefully they will make the one that pleases the most people, whatever that decision is.
Tholren
Private
Private

by phyriel » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:53 pm

Absomal wrote:
phyriel wrote:

What should I have done?

Conformed to how you guys think and just accept that you're right even though you're not?

Is that how one makes a friend? By forcing themselves to conform to said friend's interests?

I don't think you understand the concept of making friends.

Scrolls thru those 42 pages in this topic and u'll find a fine examples of people voicing their opinions about fresh start preference without making themselves look like pretentious fuckheads;p
phyriel
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by St0rfan » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:53 pm

All the people saying fresh start are morons and deserve to be treated as such. The people that built the Nostalrius community to the beautiful thing that it was, are the people that wont return if you kill off their characters. I ask you this, what is the most selfish thing here?

1. Wanting a fresh restart, basically eradicating THOUSANDS of hours played and progress made by the core players that built this community?

or

2. Re-open old server, and start a fresh one ON THE GOD-DAMN-SIDE. (This would satisfy BOTH FUCKING SIDES).

protip: its #2. And noone will EVER convince me otherwise.

EDIT:

For the casual dim-wit, subhuman filth that complain "I wont get invites to any guilds because I wont have the gear". You are wrong. All you need to join a BWL-clearing guild is pre-raid bis. Thats is it. You literally dont need anything more than that.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements