Now is the time for Legacy community reunification

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Now is the time for Legacy community reunification

by Papajimboh » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:08 am

What time is the Elysium Q&A tomorrow? And where can I go to follow?
Papajimboh
Tester

by Cipherr » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:48 am

_Athena_ wrote:
Astrid wrote:It's kind of worrying that they don't even mention the estimated release of the pve server, I hope they don't plan to release it at the same time as the fresh one.

Same time? After...

https://www.reddit.com/r/ElysiumProject ... s/d9xpbwf/

This is royally going to screw over the remaning (which was already small) population of the PvE server. After the original PvP server? Sure, no problem. After the original PvP and the new PvP server?

Wow yeah... PvE server just got barbequed. :cry:
Cipherr
Tester

by MasterQuaster » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:53 am

What!? They wanna release the Nostalrius PvE AFTER the fresh PvP!? This is a bad joke isn't it!? Can't be true! I wanna play before christmas! And I don't wanna play on a underpopulated server... come on! Why!?

Can somebody post the "no.... no.... noooooooooooooooooo" GIF for me pls!? -.-

DAMN RIP my beloved 60 Priest :( :( :(

When and where will the Q&A be?
MasterQuaster
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Astrid » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:08 am

_Athena_ wrote:
Astrid wrote:It's kind of worrying that they don't even mention the estimated release of the pve server, I hope they don't plan to release it at the same time as the fresh one.

Same time? After...

https://www.reddit.com/r/ElysiumProject ... s/d9xpbwf/

Are they serious? If this is the case, why would anyone think of rolling on the pve server? Where's the logic in this? The influx of players is going to settle on the fresh and old pvp servers, the pve server is going to be a fucking ghosttown from start to finish.

Balancing the population my ass...
Astrid
Private
Private

by Ourk » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:14 am

Don't worry guys.

People who want to play on a PvE server will roll on the PvE server no matter the time launch.

I can't see why a PvE player would roll on a PvP server even if these servers are launched before.

Calm down and think.
Ourk
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kolbasnik » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:32 am

Ourk wrote:Don't worry guys.

People who want to play on a PvE server will roll on the PvE server no matter the time launch.

I can't see why a PvE player would roll on a PvP server even if these servers are launched before.

Calm down and think.

100% agree!

and why u guys think that fresh pvp server comes before pve?

We would also like to inform you that the stress tests will not be branded to specific servers. This is a general test. We will begin with the old Elysium hardware in order to gauge its potential with the optimized Nostalrius core. We expect this server to cap out at around 5k players, and if it meets our expectations will use it for the smallest of the three realms.

It sounds for me like they will use server that they already have (ex-elysium) for Nostalrius PVE server.
and why would they wait 2 months and paying hosting bills for not used server?
IMO they will release Nost. PVP -> Nost PVE (2-3 weeks) -> Nost fresh PVP (4-8 weeks)
Kolbasnik
Private
Private

by Astrid » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:35 am

Calm down and think.

The problem is, population and availability is going to attract the majority of people. Even if somebody intends to roll on the pve server (which is an extremely small number of people), they are going to be put off by the fact that they have to wait even more for the launch than the other two servers. Releasing an old server last just doesn't make sense. People are going to make chars on the first two servers en masse and the pve server is going to be forgotten even before it launches.

Kolbasnik wrote:It sounds for me like they will use server that they already have (ex-elysium) for Nostalrius PVE server.
and why would they wait 2 months and paying hosting bills for not used server?
IMO they will release Nost. PVP -> Nost PVE (2-3 weeks) -> Nost fresh PVP (4-8 weeks)

If you read the reddit post it was confirmed that nost pve is going to launch last.
Astrid
Private
Private

by Ourk » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:31 am

Astrid wrote:

Calm down and think.

People are going to make chars on the first two servers en masse and the pve server is going to be forgotten even before it launches.

If some people do that, then they're not in any way PvE players. They are only "players".

I was speaking about PvE players only (who are aiming to roll on the PvE realm no matter what).
Ourk
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by _Athena_ » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:44 am

Calm down and think.

The problem is the number of people who will only roll on a PvE server no-matter what...
_Athena_
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Dish » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:45 am

I think you guys are too pessimistic. The population on the new realms is gonna be huge. There is literally no other option right now for players who prefer PvE, it's gonna be fine, just relax.
Dish - Level 60 Orc Rogue
Dish
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements