Now is the time for Legacy community reunification

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Now is the time for Legacy community reunification

by Krumz » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:26 pm

Most players on the PvE-Server arent PvE-players, though. They just choose that server because it wasn't already that far progressed or because the PvP-Server was unplayable due to lags and chinese.
Krumz
Private
Private

by ohsnoes » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:29 pm

I only rolled on the PvE server because I wanted fresh progression, I'm down for PvP, I just wanted to roll on the server with the least progression, and was very happy with the results, I got a Paladin to 60 and got a good chunk of my preraid bis and was on my way before the shutdown.

I understand and agree with opening the original PvP realm first because that is where 80% of the population was.

I feel like opening the new realm before the PvE realm will make it so there is a vast decrease in interest for new players to roll on the PvE realm as they will be getting their fresh vanilla experience on the new realm. I have a sinking feeling my Paladin is going to stagnate on the PvE server.

May as well reroll on the new PvP server and hope for the best but the future of a decently populated PvE realm seems grim. (Once again I do not care about PvE or PvP, I just wanted to be on top of my progression)

Oh well, at least nostalrius is almost back
ohsnoes
Tester

by zelvar » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:50 pm

ohsnoes wrote:I only rolled on the PvE server because I wanted fresh progression, I'm down for PvP, I just wanted to roll on the server with the least progression, and was very happy with the results, I got a Paladin to 60 and got a good chunk of my preraid bis and was on my way before the shutdown.

I understand and agree with opening the original PvP realm first because that is where 80% of the population was.

I feel like opening the new realm before the PvE realm will make it so there is a vast decrease in interest for new players to roll on the PvE realm as they will be getting their fresh vanilla experience on the new realm. I have a sinking feeling my Paladin is going to stagnate on the PvE server.

May as well reroll on the new PvP server and hope for the best but the future of a decently populated PvE realm seems grim. (Once again I do not care about PvE or PvP, I just wanted to be on top of my progression)

Oh well, at least nostalrius is almost back

I feel the same, like now I have a 60 shaman, and 50 warr on the pvp server, but started lvling a paladin on the pve because pvp server lagged and had to many people. But now I am not sure if i will tell my friends to roll on the pve server or we all start on the fresh pvp. Is it possible that pve might get free transfer if the server dies?
zelvar
Tester

by Lifealert » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:17 pm

All servers are on different content... there wouldn't be a transfer in my opinion. I asked about it on the qa reddit thread but it's only one guy replying to people
Lifealert
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Astrid » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:49 pm

Lifealert wrote:All servers are on different content... there wouldn't be a transfer in my opinion. I asked about it on the qa reddit thread but it's only one guy replying to people

And now the q&a is over. Wow, not even a hint about rethinking the order of the server releases, and all comments suggesting it were ignored and labeled as "re-worded versions of questions we already answered".
We're off to a great start already. I don't get how releasing an old server last was ever conceived as an option, much less how it ended up looking like a good idea.
Astrid
Private
Private

by markofthewild01 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:15 am

To those asking why PvE server is last in the launch sequence :

I'm assuming because it's the least in demand. Tbh, I don't see why the two original realms shouldn't be launched together. Wouldn't mind waiting the extra 2 weeks so at least the PvE players don't get the short end of the stick. The staff were in their right mind when they chose to delay the fresh server's release, at least to get things to settle on the original realm. Let the PvE players get their share as well, they may be in minority, but they're part of the pre-shutdown population that helped Nostalrius gain a rep for having the FIRST Vanilla PvE realm.

I don't think the PvE realm will have any less population than Kronos 2 did prior to the Nost/Elysium Merge announcement. Nostalrius PvE has no competition right now, it is the only viable place to play a PvE vanilla realm. On top of that, it is relatively fresh.

I haven't thought about the realm order launch in depth before, but now as I put my mind to it, it wouldn't make sense to screw them PvE players over.
Hoping for a combined Nostalrius relaunch~ (Both PvE and PvP)

Edit : quoted wrong text
markofthewild01
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Lifealert » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:29 am

I agree that was the worst QA ever. The elysium staff member stated other people would help him answer the some 600+ questions but they didnt show up. In the end there were maybe less than 30 responses. Where were the other members of the QA team?
Lifealert
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Papajimboh » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:34 am

I still plan on rolling on the fresh PvP server. Since I didn't get to play previously, I'll be starting fresh regardless, so may as well get that "brand new" feel as if the game just launched 12 years ago :D

Sucks having to wait a little longer, but I'm looking forward to it. Is anyone planning any guilds already? I'd be interested in one that does BGs and some world PvP. I mostly queue BGs on live anyway.
Papajimboh
Tester

by Undertanker » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:57 am

Papajimboh wrote:Is anyone planning any guilds already? I'd be interested in one that does BGs and some world PvP. I mostly queue BGs on live anyway.

https://valkyrie-wow.org/forum/index.php?showforum=263
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Capri » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:22 am

I was quite pleased to read Elysium's announcement the other day, however I do wonder why only 5k cap on each realm. I understand perhaps it is safer or maybe they cannot handle more, but I wish it was at least 10k considering they could maintain no lag. I remember there were already over 13k people online on Nostalrius PvP (which did not make the game-play quite joyful since it caused lag once it went over 12k), and now with all the hype I am sure more people would want to play and we all know an important factor that made Nostalrius so great was the population.
Capri
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements