Now is the time for Legacy community reunification

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Now is the time for Legacy community reunification

by snawfu » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:41 am

Capri wrote:Nostalrius PvP (which did not make the game-play quite joyful since it caused lag once it went over 12k),

It caused lag when it went over 7k.
patato
snawfu
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by MasterQuaster » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:05 am

Wow some people here talk serious bullshit. Yes I don't like that Nostalrius maybe gonna release at least. And yes I think that this gonna reduce the old population of 5 - 7 k online players on Nostalrius PvE.

But some people here said "nobody wanna really play on a PvE server they just want fresh progress". No! That's simply wrong. You can't imagine how many people cry about the world PvP getting ganked in open world. Those players won't reroll on the PvP Server. Yes sure there will be some people who prefer the fresh PvP Server. But even if the population will be reduced from 5k to 3k or even just 2k it's still enough and an active world. The retail servers back in vanilla had a cap at about 2,5 k players (Full) and if you wanna log in those realms you had to wait in a que. So ever Population with 2k+ is absolutely fine.

Still I am mad that the PvE maybe gonna release last. That's just unfair. The old nostalrius playerbase is the biggest playerbase in the private server scene ever. PvP + PvE is a playerbase of about 20k very active players. Why do they punish about 5k of that palyer base? In the Q&A they said: "The communities majority want a fresh PvP and the old PvE Server."
What is the "majority"? Who did they ask, where and when was a poll about it? They asked 500 Elysium palyers or what? That's just stupid bullshit. The nostalrius community is the important part of the community. We outnumber Elysium by far. And the PvE Server community is part of that important community. And now they really let the PvE players struggle? So new players are more welcome than old PvE players even if nobody can say how many new players gonna come and how many of them gonna stay after lvl 10? Just fuck off really.
MasterQuaster
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Redbeard » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:28 am

you feel entitled to something, compared to new players, because you played on old PVE server? You are not special because you were there to play Nost when it was alive and they were not. Also I think majority really wants PVP / fresh PVP server, if you look at how populated was the old PVP server compared to PVE. And in the end, its dev call to make in what order and what servers they want to release so there is no reason to whine about anything.
"One of the problems with defending free speech is you often have to defend people that you find to be outrageous and unpleasant and disgusting."
-Salman Rushdie-
Redbeard
Grunt
Grunt

by Lifealert » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:51 am

if u want something different u are le entitled reddit shit needs to stop
Lifealert
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Astrid » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:58 am

Redbeard wrote:you feel entitled to something, compared to new players, because you played on old PVE server? You are not special because you were there to play Nost when it was alive and they were not. Also I think majority really wants PVP / fresh PVP server, if you look at how populated was the old PVP server compared to PVE. And in the end, its dev call to make in what order and what servers they want to release so there is no reason to whine about anything.

So if we are not special just because we already spent a lot of time on the servers, why are the people who want to roll on the fresh server special? Of course the old players will feel fucked over if our server gets released 3-4 weeks later than the fresh server. A good portion of fresh starters just found out about this project a few weeks ago, and the majority of them is already whining that their server comes second.
Astrid
Private
Private

by RepublicanNatio » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:10 pm

Capri wrote:I was quite pleased to read Elysium's announcement the other day, however I do wonder why only 5k cap on each realm. I understand perhaps it is safer or maybe they cannot handle more, but I wish it was at least 10k considering they could maintain no lag. I remember there were already over 13k people online on Nostalrius PvP (which did not make the game-play quite joyful since it caused lag once it went over 12k), and now with all the hype I am sure more people would want to play and we all know an important factor that made Nostalrius so great was the population.

Caps arent gonna be 5k. That was a rumor floated around about the pve realm being capped at 5k. Suzerain said thats a very low number and the cap for the pve will be higher than that. Which definitely means the caps on the other two will be higher.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ElysiumProject ... ?context=3 2nd comment.

I would assume the pve cap will be like 6-8k and the pvp realms will probably cap out around 10-12k max. I remember when the pop would get over 12k thats when the hardcore lag would begin. Im fine with a 10k or 12k cap. They should be able to handle up to 12k considering they have the nost core.

Kronos shot themselves in the foot by making a 2nd server and capping both servers at 5k. I remember 4k people in queue, and eventually both realms died because of this (and ddos). K1 horde side had 133 on this morning, K2 had 483 horde on at same time. Thats dead to me.
RepublicanNatio
Grunt
Grunt

by Papajimboh » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:22 pm

Undertanker wrote:https://valkyrie-wow.org/forum/index.php?showforum=263

Thanks!
Papajimboh
Tester

by Capri » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:24 pm

@RepublicanNatio,

I read that on Elysium's own website, are you saying Reddit is more reliable than them?! (Oh I wish it were true!)
Capri
Grunt
Grunt

by Amaru » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:40 pm

You guys arguing over who's "special" is fucking retarded. Think as a community and the health of the servers / project as a whole in the LONG RUN. You're so shortsighted and only care about what you want right now. Think ahead. If it were up to me, I would wipe everything and release 2 fresh servers, AT THE SAME TIME: Nostalrius PvP and Nostalrius PvE.

Release those during the winter holidays and I bet you they'd be more successful than 10 retail servers combined. I would bet money on that. That "pleasing everybody" route they took (reminds me of Blizzard) is going to do them harm.
Amaru
Grunt
Grunt

by RepublicanNatio » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:49 pm

Capri wrote:@RepublicanNatio,

I read that on Elysium's own website, are you saying Reddit is more reliable than them?! (Oh I wish it were true!)

It is from their, "We are the Elysium Project staff! Ask us anything!" post.

Its 1 of their staffers saying it, so id like to think thats reliable enough.
RepublicanNatio
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements