Smiskarinnan
Fyllepiraten
Nidabmi
Trolle
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: New infrastructure

by Token » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:01 am

Been having issues with the release of the new hardware. I can't log back into Nostalrius begins. Basicly what happens is I log in and then it takes me to the realm selection screen over and over. Hope it is fixed soon.
Token
Private
Private

by Szabinger » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:02 pm

Viper wrote:A new test is scheduled tomorrow between 14:00 & 16:00 GMT+1 with a new Core version.
A shutdown of at least 30 minutes will occur.
Then, the server will be back online on the new hardware.
If everything goes well, the server will stay as it is, meaning a migration success.
If things go wrong, we'll have to revert the hardware once again, and continue our investigation.
The revert will lead to another shutdown of at least 30 minutes (time to switch of hardware) so everyone can play again.

The validation of this new hardware will help us move forward to the next step planned next week, if everything works fine :)

Can you give us a short feedback how did the new hardware perform on your side? I think the server was really good and responsive even with 6k+ online, but I'm curious how do you guys find the new hardware performing on your side.
Szabinger
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Hydra9268 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:43 pm

Wonderful work! Thank you for all your hard work. Because of you were are able to experience vanilla as we remember it 10 years ago.*

*with the caveat that I remember vanilla on a PVE server, but PVP is fine too. Just happy to have such a server. :)
DO NOT WANT PRISTINE REALMS!!!
Hydra9268
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Nairoby » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:33 am

Perfect work! Keep it up :)
Any feedback about the new hardware perform?
Nairoby
Tester

by Tis » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:30 pm

I'm still getting some minor (not crucial yet annoying) delay when there are more than 6K players online.
Tis
Private
Private

by ogylol » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:56 pm

Tis wrote:I'm still getting some minor (not crucial yet annoying) delay when there are more than 6K players online.

Which is weird, because I don't get them
Enable avatars already
ogylol
Private
Private

by Tis » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:39 pm

ogylol wrote:
Tis wrote:I'm still getting some minor (not crucial yet annoying) delay when there are more than 6K players online.

Which is weird, because I don't get them

It's not much really, if you're non-EU I don't think you'd notice the difference. On retail or on less populated servers like Kronos things are much more instant as I have between 1 and 20 ms. On Nos I have 5ms but still the delay feels like 0.1s at least i.e. 100ms.
Tis
Private
Private

by Hydra9268 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:10 pm

Deitylink wrote:I havent been able to log in the whole day, is it just me? The game always says "Connecting"

Check out Diametra's exhaustive guide to connectivity issues.
DO NOT WANT PRISTINE REALMS!!!
Hydra9268
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Antonhagelberg » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:45 pm

Great job!
Antonhagelberg
Private
Private

Previous

Return to Announcements