Exploits / Hacking concerns

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Exploits / Hacking concerns

by varth » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:36 pm

If you hack it should be a perma ban, even for 1st time offenses. Why on earth give them a 2nd chance
varth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by c_jay223 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:42 pm

Sonday wrote:Glad to hear that exploits will be dealt with, but this does not say what will happen to the items and/or assets that have been acquired from exploiting.

If a player that has exploited, and received an item, reports himself to a GM, what happens to the item? If a player that unknowingly exploits and receives an item and reports himself, what happens to the item?

It is my opinion that any advantage gained from an exploit should be rescinded. Players that exploit, knowingly or unknowingly, should not gain an advantage, at any point in time, over other players that have not exploited.
c_jay223
Grunt
Grunt

by ogylol » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:06 pm

I agree that people should get an account panel, where they could see the reason behind their bans. This is most fair, and at least with the ban waves coming in.
Enable avatars already
ogylol
Private
Private

by dstar » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:41 pm

Can you guys be more transparent about what you're banning for? It seems like a lot of innocent people are bring banned when I look under support.
dstar
Grunt
Grunt

by Georgerr » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:50 pm

If u are not doing anything forbbiden u will not be banned.Just follow the rules
Wakeandbake
Tauren Warrior
Georgerr
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Voo » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:07 am

dstar wrote:Can you guys be more transparent about what you're banning for? It seems like a lot of innocent people are bring banned when I look under support.

Hey just a quick point. How the fuck do you judge them innocent? Because they say so on a forum? Please. I can eat a chocolate cookie and tell you I didn't with fucking crumbs on my face and you'd probably believe me.
Voo
Private
Private

by Zyfire » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:27 am

Fabuleux wrote:
Grim wrote:Dear Viper, Deamon and co,

Your efforts to rid this place of all malpractices is exemplary, however while doing so, the most important aspect of this whole process - communication, is very much lacking.

I am currently aware of a person who's account was suspended for alleged 'major gold exploit' while never having more then 300 gold total on their whole account (one 60 on account). That person was never told why this happened, what were they involved in or anything, just banhammer and that was it. Later, they got a response from one of GM's that the GM who issued numerous bans is, I quote 'no longer with the team and that Nost staff currently has no information why those bans were issued in the first place'.

As you can see from this example, there are numerous players who do not trust your actions at the moment because of the lack of transparency, some sort of pre-action warning and similar. If some GM went on a banning rampage just because they felt like it, admitting their failure and apologizing for what suspended players suffered will be more then enough to restore the confidence those players have in you.

We all make mistakes, it's what makes us human, there is no shame in that. What matters is what we do afterwards.

Straight up bullshit, you hack 1 copper you deserve to be banned end of story ... WTF are you talking about fool ?
There are thousand players around playing legit and some smartass think they can hack ?

Deserved punishment and well served :roll:

Perhaps you're no good at reading but he says he was banned for a "major gold exploit". That definitely is not 1 copper, and it definitely is not a HACK.

Knight Zyfire - Lvl 60 Mage <Flashback>
Zyfire
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by ColAngus » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:47 am

varth wrote:If you hack it should be a perma ban, even for 1st time offenses. Why on earth give them a 2nd chance

This, I agree with. If someone knowingly cheats, they should be banned permanently. The only grey area here would be if something is considered exploiting, and if it done intentionally. I never played much vanilla on retail. I was only 35ish when bc came out, and didn't start raiding kara until everyone else pretty much had it on farm. I'm not sure if I would be able to distinguish if something was intended or not. The lockbox hack using the bank? Yeah, I could tell you for certain that's a cheat. If I just had a bunch of them and the drop rate on epics from the lockbox was higher than intended? I wouldn't know. I'm not saying I have a solution, but only that some areas of cheating may not be so well-defined.
"I was up late last night farming ogers. Testing a new macro setup. while watching netflix :P... this moring the account was closed :S" - kaaos

"While watching Neflix, the character should not have been playing itself. :)" - Kraft
ColAngus
Sergeant
Sergeant

by norm964bgb » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:38 am

ColAngus wrote:
varth wrote:If you hack it should be a perma ban, even for 1st time offenses. Why on earth give them a 2nd chance

This, I agree with. If someone knowingly cheats, they should be banned permanently. The only grey area here would be if something is considered exploiting, and if it done intentionally. I never played much vanilla on retail. I was only 35ish when bc came out, and didn't start raiding kara until everyone else pretty much had it on farm. I'm not sure if I would be able to distinguish if something was intended or not. The lockbox hack using the bank? Yeah, I could tell you for certain that's a cheat. If I just had a bunch of them and the drop rate on epics from the lockbox was higher than intended? I wouldn't know. I'm not saying I have a solution, but only that some areas of cheating may not be so well-defined.

You had to farm literally hundreds of them to get the Alcor's Sunrazers, therefore at the point getting 5 Alcors you would've known.
But yeah, better transperancy would be nice.
norm964bgb
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by felxy » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:31 am

so whitekidney is permanently banned? and most of grizzly and nope members for exploiting pve raid environment?
felxy
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements