PVE Session complete feedback

Nostalrius official announcements

PVE Session complete feedback

by Viper » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:52 pm

Dear community,

It took us a lot of time to process all the 379 reports you sent us during the session.
These reports included : multiple duplication, instance cleared messages,
questions, "I want T1!!!", and real issues :)

* 47% (180) of theses reports were treated at the end of the session, and reached 57% (216) one day after (Uldaman, Razorfen Downs and Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj fully fixed). Dev & IsVV Team continue to work on it right as we speak.
* Some of the issues you reported were classified as critical. Most of them have been fixed between the 2 sessions. We are currently working on the remaining ones.
* Some crashes occuring during the session. We managed to find the cause of all these crashes and fix it quickly, except for one we are currently working on.
* 445 unique testers participated to the PVE Session.

Summary :
* Even though we had put a lot of work in testing things the best we could, the best way to test a game is still to let real players log in. Regarding the number and the diversity of the reports we got, no tester team could ever have gathered so many information on such specific details. You did a great job everyone :)
* We only had few reports regarding dungeons events : it means that this step is nearly cleared!
* Crashes occured during the session which isn't acceptable. A 48 hours Stress Session will be done soon to do a complete check-up.
* Part of US testers couldn't connect to the server because the timing of the session wasn't nice enough, plus the fact that we made a mistake with CST time? This will be solved for the next Stress Session.
* The stuff provided for PVE Session was good for instances, but definitively not for the Raid Session. Will also be updated during the Stress Session.
* 3077 unique subscribers to the newsletter.

More coming soon! ;)

Best regards,
Nostalrius.
Viper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: PVE Session complete feedback

by Peacebringer » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:00 pm

GO GO NOSTALRIUS! ONE SONG FOR BOOSTING YOUR MORAL UP!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAxZVZgpmI0
Peacebringer
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Imbaslap » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:22 pm

Overall, I think it went well. I do wish our 20 man raid group could have more time to thoroughly test all the bosses in ZG and AQ20 as well. is there any word of possibly hosting another couple of tests? or even a closed beta to continue the testing during off hours? I feel like we didn't test enough with the time we had. :(
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Keftenk » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:34 pm

The 48hour stress test should be enough, no? Assuming we are given a 2 week notice like we were with the PvE session we could just organize and set up prior to when the servers actually go up. I understand with harder content that running these raids more than once would be ideal (or just with many many groups but I don't think that's exactly ideal), but none of them are exactly "short".
Last edited by Keftenk on Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Trixy » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:35 pm

Regarding 20 mans. I believe tests on those should be done at a later date to help speed the release of the server up.. After all 20 mans wont be available for 3-4 months after the server is released. A blizzard like approach could be taken for this... where a test realm is opened up on a later date after the server launch for people who are bored and can test the content while being allowed to play on the original realm at the same time. Maybe say sometime after MC is cleared. From what we saw in AQ and ZG.. the scripting seemed very solid and I assume there is not that much more work to be done.
Trixy
Private
Private

by Keftenk » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:40 pm

Trixy wrote:Regarding 20 mans. I believe tests on those should be done at a later date to help speed the release of the server up..

Also a good point. Just need to question how long does it take to fix critical and minor bugs. Is 3-4months enough time? It sounds like it is, but you don't want to release content that isn't "completed" only to work on it while the community works up to that point. In addition to all the possible bugs and issues that can arise from content that is already available.
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Hatson » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:49 pm

Oh crud.. This was posted while I was working on my report.
Am I too late? viewtopic.php?f=6&t=588&p=4841#p4841
:?
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Moxey » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:54 pm

Im so hyped to play on a actually populated server i would not mind rushed launch.
they could just work on the unreleased content while players play the released and fixed content.

Also maybe have a test server for people to help with while leveling/dungeoning.
I heard Kronos has a test server permanently up where certain amount people can test stuff all the time.
Moxey
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Askental » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:05 am

Moxey wrote:Also maybe have a test server for people to help with while leveling/dungeoning.
I heard Kronos has a test server permanently up where certain amount people can test stuff all the time.

Nostalrius used to have one too, so I hope they will keep it.
Askental
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by kovenant » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:40 am

i hope there will be no rushing things.
rushing things provides EA like quality games.
it might seem OK, but it will annoy the shit out of you, or others.
good quality with delayed release is to be honored and respected and i personally would rather see a outstanding quality then a rush job.
kovenant
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Next

Return to Announcements