Timeline exclusive update

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Timeline exclusive update

by nervous » Wed May 20, 2015 7:59 pm

lupeh wrote:Why such haste there is tons of stuff to do besides raiding, the fact that alot of people are not level 60 and should even start with mc/ony.

There were 2800+ level 60s almost 3 weeks ago. I'm going to guess that number has increased even more. "Tons of stuff to do besides raiding" only rings true if you count farming consumables as "tons of stuff to do".

Not every guild needs to be at the starting line when BWL is released. There were guilds in retail that were just starting Molten Core in 2006.
<GRIZZLY>
nervous
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Shuya » Wed May 20, 2015 8:03 pm

<GRIZZLY> for life.

Cs for prez.
Shuya
Private
Private

by nervous » Wed May 20, 2015 8:34 pm

lupeh wrote:Why such haste there is tons of stuff to do besides raiding, the fact that alot of people are not level 60 and should even start with mc/ony.

And to add onto my previous post because I took a few minutes to add some numbers up.

There are currently over 3800 level 60s on the server. Of that population, around 1900 players/50% of the total level 60 population are in a guild that kills Ragnaros according to realmplayers. The actual number I suspect is higher, as realmplayers is inaccurate for granting kills to guilds properly.

If the parameter is expanded a little bit, you'll see an additional 900 players are in guilds that are clearing 8/10 MC and 1/1 Onyxia.

I have not seen a single guild close down recruitment yet. Do you know why this is? Because raiders are burning out because the timeline isn't even on the table for consideration at this point, content is being withheld with no adequate explanation, and this gear regression meme was a poor idea.
<GRIZZLY>
nervous
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Trixy » Wed May 20, 2015 8:48 pm

Agreed Nerv... Even if the content is delayed due to scripting.. the least they could do is rebuff the gear the way it is supposed to be and open the loot tables back up to the norm. It at least gives all of us a reason to run MC while we wait... poor hunters cant even get their rhoks
Trixy
Private
Private

by kubrick » Thu May 21, 2015 6:06 pm

Devs paying attn to forums like this ruined retail.

As soon as people start talking about "the majority of players", you're living in your own irony because that's exactly what happened 10 years ago, and through best intentions the game was ruined. Yet 10 years later here you are looking for the experience pre-nerfs. So which do you want? A good game, or the "majority of players" to be rewarded. That's the choice. Arguing otherwise just shows that you didn't learn a 10 year old lesson.
kubrick
Tester

by nervous » Thu May 21, 2015 9:28 pm

kubrick wrote:Devs paying attn to forums like this ruined retail.

As soon as people start talking about "the majority of players", you're living in your own irony because that's exactly what happened 10 years ago, and through best intentions the game was ruined. Yet 10 years later here you are looking for the experience pre-nerfs. So which do you want? A good game, or the "majority of players" to be rewarded. That's the choice. Arguing otherwise just shows that you didn't learn a 10 year old lesson.

There were three divisions of players in retail. The raiders clearing all content, the casuals who were more than half a tier behind clearing all content, and the 1-59 crowd.

There are two divisions here. Guess which
<GRIZZLY>
nervous
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Previous

Return to Announcements