Timeline exclusive update

Nostalrius official announcements

Timeline exclusive update

by Viper » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:32 pm

New update regarding items:

Good news, we succeed to recreate the whole timeline for each equipment which can be found in Vanilla :)
It's a major event since players will be able to experience the instance unlocking being synchronized with equipment characteristics' updates.

For the release, around 450 items will be modified (including statistics and quality) and several hundreds of items won't be available.
ImageImageImage

Since the server will launch with PvP activities, it won't be possible to start from Vanilla 1.0 regarding items specs. The main reason is the unbalance between PvP gear (created in 1.4) and PvE gear.

Consequently, all the items found at server release will be items prior to 1.4 patch, except for a few items.

For the first time in private server history, players will be able to have equipment in line with the timeline of dungeon releases. Once a new dungeon is unlocked, items will be automatically updated as if it were a retail patch.

It will give you a better taste of the difficulty you could experience back then.

Best Regards,
Nostalrius
Viper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Timeline exclusive update

by Zetox » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:39 pm

Amazing. Keep up the great work :)
Zetox
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Hatson » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:48 pm

This is amazing. Words alone cannot express my feelings for your work on this, so have this instead:

The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by ThatsthePuzzle » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:01 pm

Brilliant, I love this. Keep it up admin team.
ThatsthePuzzle
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Askental » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:11 pm

Now I feel there is a need to know what is affected by this, what will be updated and when. Any way to browse these items Viper? Or should we stick to explore Allakhazam thru archive.org?
Askental
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Hatson » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:22 pm

Askental wrote:Now I feel there is a need to know what is affected by this, what will be updated and when. Any way to browse these items Viper? Or should we stick to explore Allakhazam thru archive.org?

That would be nice to know, indeed. If not now, at least shortly after release, so people will know what items are being updated and when, so they might have a better idea of what item they want for the long run rather than, throwing it away, vendoring it, etc - and the only alternative to that having to dig through archives of old WoW databases.

What I'm saying is, it would be nice to see the actual layout of the items, something like this perhaps:

[Item A pre-buff version (Patch 1.1.0)] -> [Item A post-buff version (Patch 1.10.0)]

Or something along those lines - for each item affected by this.
I don't know if would be too much work, but I'm sure the community could help a lot with that if needed.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Trixy » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:38 pm

Welcome to retail like vanilla wow :)
Trixy
Private
Private

by Ardeith » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:54 pm

You didnt knew that information back then, so this is blizzlike if they dont say anything about it :p

I think they can just give general change of items for dungeon release but not that specific, like what blizzard did on their patch note.
Ardeith
Grunt
Grunt

by Aquane » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:56 pm

I just thought
is there a version of Atlasloot or something from before 1.4? what about from before 1.10?

i certainly know theres a 1.12.x version(I'm using it)
Aquane
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Youfie » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:25 pm

Great great great news ! Thank you Viper, Daemon and every other member of the staff ! <3

I don't think they're gonna tell us more about which items will be affected and when exactly. Vipers talked about "hundreds" or items, so it's definitely a lot more than just class sets or 55-60 items, many low-level items were added or modified too during Vanilla, so if they managed to find all the relevant information about them, they're probably not gonna let other servers leech this amazing competitive advantage.

Aquane wrote:I just thought
is there a version of Atlasloot or something from before 1.4? what about from before 1.10?

i certainly know theres a 1.12.x version(I'm using it)

Unless I'm mistaken, Atlas Loot uses the item links to display the item stats. The information is not static, but comes directly from the server, so we'll be able to check dungeons loot to see the stats currently in use for the items.

The loot tables themselves will be wrong sometimes, due to items being added or deleted or whatever, but stil. And the modified world drops & quest items will remain unveiled until we find them, and that's a wonderful thing ! Eventually some mystery and novelty in a game we all know too well ! ;)
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Next

Return to Announcements