Timeline exclusive update

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Timeline exclusive update

by lupeh » Wed May 20, 2015 12:45 pm

Shuya wrote:<Entitled>

Really though, our best interest is with this server's success. Those of us who have been BIS for the last month and continue to farm MC/Ony, trying to fill raid slots as people quit the server every week should indeed deserve an update.

Free or not, Nost committed to a timeline that is still easily visible on the forums. We as players committed to a server that had this same timeline. When commitments are not upheld, problems arise.

tl;dr I just want to raid BWL and get worthwhile drops out of MC. Pls.

Why such haste there is tons of stuff to do besides raiding, the fact that alot of people are not level 60 and should even start with mc/ony.
Retribution Paladin ~ The Blooders
lupeh
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by fish » Wed May 20, 2015 1:57 pm

lupeh wrote:
Shuya wrote:<Entitled>

Really though, our best interest is with this server's success. Those of us who have been BIS for the last month and continue to farm MC/Ony, trying to fill raid slots as people quit the server every week should indeed deserve an update.

Free or not, Nost committed to a timeline that is still easily visible on the forums. We as players committed to a server that had this same timeline. When commitments are not upheld, problems arise.

tl;dr I just want to raid BWL and get worthwhile drops out of MC. Pls.

Why such haste there is tons of stuff to do besides raiding, the fact that alot of people are not level 60 and should even start with mc/ony.

There will be lots of people not 60 yet in half a year from now too. Trust me, you don't want to make the same mistake emerald dream did; HUGE gap between MC/BWL
fish
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Alexpulos » Wed May 20, 2015 2:27 pm

What happened to being a casual folks?!?!
Alexpulos
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Shuya » Wed May 20, 2015 3:39 pm

Hi everyone,

I keep seeing this "lack of patience" comment, and other similar comments that really fall flat in the context of this conversation.

This is about due diligence.
This is about commitments made by Nost to the players.

If they are changing the timeline, they need to update it now.
Right now, they are missing the mark on their commitments and falling short on expectations.

Love the server, but again, being transparent about why content that was promised a month ago is not out yet benefits the community, the developers, and Nost as a whole.

</end>
Shuya
Private
Private

by johanmuseeuw » Wed May 20, 2015 4:26 pm

"Really though, our best interest is with this server's success. Those of us who have been BIS for the last month and continue to farm MC/Ony, trying to fill raid slots as people quit the server every week should indeed deserve an update. "

jesus people like you are the only ones that come whine on these forums.

If you are have been BIS for the last month you are addicted enough to come back whenever the new content comes or you should be leveling one of your 7 alts.

Not even 10% of the people is lvl 60 yet so why would they cater only for the nolifers who are bis already?
johanmuseeuw
Private
Private

by Badtank » Wed May 20, 2015 5:15 pm

johanmuseeuw wrote:"Really though, our best interest is with this server's success. Those of us who have been BIS for the last month and continue to farm MC/Ony, trying to fill raid slots as people quit the server every week should indeed deserve an update. "

If you are have been BIS for the last month you are addicted enough to come back whenever the new content comes or you should be leveling one of your 7 alts.

Not even 10% of the people is lvl 60 yet so why would they cater only for the nolifers who are bis already?

You didn't play vanilla did you. It and always will be about catering to the top. That was the whole point not everyone gets to see all the content. You sound like the kind of player that got retail to where it is today.
Badtank
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by macu67 » Wed May 20, 2015 5:39 pm

Seriously, nobody cares about you 1% of players who stay ingame 24h per day and are bis on everything. I'd rather wait 6 months for new stuff then watch the fresh content being exploited by top guilds again. Be patient, you have it for free.
macu67
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Keftenk » Wed May 20, 2015 5:42 pm

Why is everyone spouting this "free" crap? I don't understand it...
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Shuya » Wed May 20, 2015 6:01 pm

johanmuseeuw wrote:"Really though, our best interest is with this server's success. Those of us who have been BIS for the last month and continue to farm MC/Ony, trying to fill raid slots as people quit the server every week should indeed deserve an update. "

You're a total moron. None of the '90%' of people you're talking about are going to experience progression content anyway.

.... You didn't read a thing that I posted. They committed to a timeline and a set of dates and they aren't following through. I don't care if you're a casual, I personally PLAYED MORE in anticipation of needing to get my gear together before BWL came out.

I'm not whining, but as I stated before, we just want transparency from the team. If BWL isn't coming out until 2016, we deserve to know. It's less about the content being way off schedule (which it is) and more about the need for better communication from Nostalrius in order to preserve their population.
Shuya
Private
Private

by Krah » Wed May 20, 2015 6:24 pm

If I ever put down my warrior, chances are ill be one of the last ones leaving. But you see im the minority of the raiders, its not like there is a lack of games/servers to choose from, so the majority of people will fuck off and eventually go do some other shit. Take a look at ED, its a living example on how to drive your population away.

Also on the percentage of people at cap, it doesnt matter, those same people 3-6 months from now will still not be 60 or maybe they don't even play here anymore. So why focus on them at all when your release schedule all points at content aimed at the people that made it to 60 and bothered to gear up?

and on a more serious note:
Herpes for everyone.
Krah
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements