Hack Session

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Hack Session

by kovenant » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:27 pm

Since an eta hasn't been given it is pure speculation. And about tests i cant imagine that in the last 4 year no indoor test sessions have been organised and dungeons have been testen.
Thoroughly and in detail, most likely no, you can't know everything nor test everything.
And if a serious bug is found it might take some time to fix it.
In other private servers i know of a bug with druids in catform in dungeons/raids that dps is tenfolded
Things like that can take up serious time to debug.
kovenant
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Imbaslap » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:28 pm

my speculation for strat/scholo and blackrock spire not being tested was because those 3 instances were actually raids back in the day (probably pre 1.4).
I don't know if Nostalrius is going to change that to the old school dungeon feel before the nerfs. (if so, even more nostalgia).
however, I would agree that a PTR open once the server is live and released would be great to get some more testing done on world events/encounters/raids/dungeons/holiday special events.
lets just focus on the hack session this weekend and go from there.
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Viper » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:39 pm

Hello everyone, just wanted to re-focus on the original topic : Hack Session ;)
Viper
Administrator
Administrator

by Normander01 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:50 pm

quests are also easy for them to fix as they go, im not so worried about the questing features considering how fast they are at fixing overall bugs. if they release at feb 11 that would be nice, hoping for a 2week notice however on an actual release ;)
<GM> Blacklisted
Twitch Nos/Retail Streamer ~~ https://www.twitch.tv/Normander01
Youtube ~~ youtube.com/Normandah09
Normander01
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by hero » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:43 pm

Thyris wrote:Stop asking to delay it. The devs have their shit together they don't need ur wacky ideas. Start and scholo are probably fine seeing as this used to be a 60 server way back. So I'm assuming 60 dungeons are just fine as they had years to work on them. As far as DM. That won't get released till rag is dead. Plenty of time to test it later. And as far as quests go. Again. 4 years of developing I'm sure they had the time to test all the quests. If there are a few here or there that don't work...they can be fixed after launch. I don't think a couple of quests not working is going to ruin the fun. And NO we don't need to test aq or naxx right now. Ur looking at several months after launch as BEST. That can be tested later

I highly disagree, Bibdy.

This server clearly wants to maintain a high quality of play throughout the experience by identifying and fixing bugs on the fly with testing thus far. I feel this is a great approach and I admire the amount of dedication and professionalism shown by the staff when working on the issues with the server. I personally feel this server is doing a great job and is very close to release but:

It is clearly not ready. Our tests have only proven that certain encounters are extremely broken, which makes me wonder how many other raid tiers will have to suffer through the same fate before they are fixed during launch. I personally feel if they allowed our guild to test more content for them, we would identify the issues, and the staff could work on them before launch.

Not only are certain raid encounters still not functioning, but talents, pets, tfury proc, mindcontrol and CC bugging out AI, other small things that would add up to alot once a release launches. Not only would you have to be dealing with the issues with the server but then player issues start arising through the ticket system and it can be overwhelming at times for a staff member. This is only reinforced by the idea that Nost will be sticking to it's release timeline, and I feel the best way to do so would be to have everything fixed before starting said timeline.

IMO there are two possible approaches, either they allow us to test everything before launch so they can work on them more extensively and just bug tweak if needed on release, or they release broken content and fix with hotfixes during live releases. Personally I would hope they have the majority of things fixed beforehand, which would mean more testing is needed and a launch would be delayed. At the end of the day though staff will do whatever they want so it's pretty irrelevant, just my opinion :D

TLDR: I think this server is doing an extremely good job and is very close to launching, I personally hope they do atleast a few more months of testing before rushing into a release with some remaining issues.

-DRKLNG <Exiled>

ninjaedit: Sorry Viper for going offtopic. I'll send you an email with some exploits I had in mind for the hack session ;)
Last edited by hero on Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hero
Tester

by ozzky » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:36 pm

Thyris wrote:I don't think a couple of quests not working is going to ruin the fun. And NO we don't need to test aq or naxx right now. Ur looking at several months after launch as BEST. That can be tested later

Well said.
Nostalrius will need the advantage of releasing before Kronos, otherwise they might steal a lot of publicity.
ozzky
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Viper » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:08 pm

Hack Session in 2 days :)
You can still apply through email !
Viper
Administrator
Administrator

Previous

Return to Announcements