Pyrewood Village

Nostalrius official announcements

Pyrewood Village

by Viper » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:13 pm

Pyrewood Village is an Alliance village north of King's Road within the Silverpine Forest. The village is a settlement inhabited by a group of humans who have survived the coming of the Scourge, though not without paying a large price. The village survived the Plague due to the efforts of the blood elves and later due to the military aid of Dalaran.

Pyrewood's inhabitants have been cursed so that they undergo a nightly transformation into the bestial worgen, then return to their human forms upon the arrival of dawn. It is during this time that they become hostile to all players regardless of faction. Despite all its hardships, however, the village continues to service Alliance travellers by selling cloth, leather, and mail armor to customers. Just a little south of the village is an unmarked grave.

Nostalrius Pyrewood Village Trailer
Viper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Pyrewood Village

by Askental » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:32 pm

I wish there was more dynamic content like this in the game, especially for lvl 60s. Well done anyway! :)
Askental
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Normander01 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:53 pm

omg not many servers do this! not bad!!
<GM> Blacklisted
Twitch Nos/Retail Streamer ~~ https://www.twitch.tv/Normander01
Youtube ~~ youtube.com/Normandah09
Normander01
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Pyron » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:04 pm

It is things like this that make my roleplay heart warm <3
Pyron
Private
Private

by Ryson » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:54 pm

Great work guys! Can't wait to see it for myself! :D
Just a minor detail, but did you consider the npc Apothecary Berard (http://db.vanillagaming.org/?npc=2106) - he is the only NPC in Pyrewood who remains in Worgen form regardless of day/night time?
WHO DARES SUMMON LOKHOLAR?
Ryson
Grunt
Grunt

by Gelbin » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:08 pm

I forgot about those things. Now I remember such same things in Westfall! I hope it will also work there :-)
"I won't stand for that!" - Gelbin Mekkatorque
Gelbin
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Criticism » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:51 pm

Very cool. What other stuff reacts differently at night? I know there's the sleeping kittehs in STV, is there anything else and if so will that be implemented?
Criticism
Grunt
Grunt

by Kaia » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:55 pm

Ah yes I remember the mobs in Westfall as well. There's a little graveyard connected to moonbrook village, and during the day the mobs were vultures and at night they were ghouls or something. I think they took this out (always vultures now) sometime during vanilla though, though I have no idea why.
<Vague> NA late night
Kaia
Grunt
Grunt

by Wolfy » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:20 am

Very nicely done.
Wolfy
Private
Private

by Keftenk » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:25 am

Criticism wrote:Very cool. What other stuff reacts differently at night? I know there's the sleeping kittehs in STV, is there anything else and if so will that be implemented?

Wow...I totally forgot about some mobs actually going to sleep at night.
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Next

Return to Announcements