Another "help me choose a class" discussion

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Another "help me choose a class" discussion

by bgar » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:45 pm

First off, I plan on playing mostly for the PvP because world PvP is something that just doesnt exist now. Iv never tried playing a healer before so it seems like it would be a fun change. But, my biggest concern with rolling a healer is leveling. I never had the chance to play vanilla wow before but from what iv heard lvling a healer alone is just awful. I am also really tempted to play a rogue just because they have always looked fun to play and great for playing solo. The only thing that turns me off from rolling a rogue is that i know there will be way too many of them. Im really torn between rolling a rogue or a healer so any suggestions would be great. BTW, if i do go healer im thinking about shaman or druid (just because they look coolest to me)
bgar
Tester

Re: Another "help me choose a class" discussion

by TheLockKing » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:51 pm

Sporebat.
HORDE
Absyrtus - THE LOCK KING! Orcanite - Warsong Grunt Brahman - The Shaman
Aratoko - Boomkin Piece a' Shit

ALLIANCE
Estrad - Warrior of the World Casamir - That's a Paladin Chryses - Pretty Fly for a Rabbi
Blasius - M. A. G. E.
TheLockKing
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Guirssane » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:19 pm

bgar wrote:First off, I plan on playing mostly for the PvP because world PvP is something that just doesnt exist now. Iv never tried playing a healer before so it seems like it would be a fun change. But, my biggest concern with rolling a healer is leveling. I never had the chance to play vanilla wow before but from what iv heard lvling a healer alone is just awful. I am also really tempted to play a rogue just because they have always looked fun to play and great for playing solo. The only thing that turns me off from rolling a rogue is that i know there will be way too many of them. Im really torn between rolling a rogue or a healer so any suggestions would be great. BTW, if i do go healer im thinking about shaman or druid (just because they look coolest to me)

You don't level as a healer, you level with a dps spec, you'll switch later or
You can level as a healer but with a buddy who can dps.
Guirssane
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Trolle » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:22 pm

As already replied, you level as feral(Druid), enhancement(Shaman), shadow(Priest), retribution(Paladin) and then you respec. If you collect a nice int gear you can heal as your dps spec in leveling dungeons(works especially well with priest since you most probably already will have the gear as shadow)
< Organ Harvest >
Maedsigil
Soetsaken
Smiskarinnan
Fyllepiraten
Nidabmi
Trolle
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Drain » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:37 pm

Leveling as a healer is very damn easy. It's just slow... if you don't group with someone that does all the damage for you, you're basically yawning each mob to death. You'll also get killed every time an enemy player wants a HK. So for both of these problems, you get the ability to heal better, which you don't even need for dungeons. If you simply stack intellect gear, you can heal pre 60, regardless of talent tree.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by username17 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:28 am

I have a feeling stacking INT is gonna be hard to do for Paladins while leveling ret. I have this mental image of wearing a robe in dungeons on my Holy pally until the later levels. Even then, casters are gonna be super pissed when paladins roll on int cloth, leather, or chain.
username17
Private
Private

by Derry » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:43 am

TheLockKing wrote:Sporebat.

Damn.. that most powerful hunter's pet? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Derry
Grunt
Grunt

by TheLockKing » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:03 am

Derry wrote:

Damn.. that most powerful hunter's pet? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Makes you top the charts, pwn the noobs, have all the DPS and be the l33t hunter
HORDE
Absyrtus - THE LOCK KING! Orcanite - Warsong Grunt Brahman - The Shaman
Aratoko - Boomkin Piece a' Shit

ALLIANCE
Estrad - Warrior of the World Casamir - That's a Paladin Chryses - Pretty Fly for a Rabbi
Blasius - M. A. G. E.
TheLockKing
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Derry » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:02 am

TheLockKing wrote:
Derry wrote:

Makes you top the charts, pwn the noobs, have all the DPS and be the l33t hunter

Sweet I am so l33t. Are you a girl in real life?
Derry
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Mechanics and classes