1.4 Pre-BiS Guide for All Classes

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Re: 1.4 Pre-BiS Guide for All Classes

by Flaat » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:03 am

The shadow priest list is missing the best belt,
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=11662

Edit, the shadow priest list is very bad and misses allot of the better items. i will add what i find
Flaat
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Sethzer » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:18 am

Flaat wrote:The shadow priest list is missing the best belt,
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=11662

Edit, the shadow priest list is very bad and misses allot of the better items. i will add what i find

Ban'thok Sash should not have the good stats ingame yet (while I do still see it like it)

Other belt option (which is missing on warlock sheet) is Clutch of Andros from Scholo (Kirtonos the Herald) with 9sta/19int/1%spellhit

EDIT: Ban'thok Sash now correctly appears as a green belt w/o spellhit and spelldmg ingame.
Sethzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Kurthos » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:19 am

I'll adjust the spreadsheet this weekend when I've got more free time. Keep the feedback coming!
Kurthos
Grunt
Grunt

by Larsen » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:57 am

The healer lists are crammed with random low/mid-level gear that doesn't even come close to being BiS.
Larsen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Legend » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:33 pm

Good job with the list!

But;
This list is not what i would call a BiS-guide. It's more like you just added a brunch of great, good or decent gear for all the classes and specs. Remember that BiS is best in slot! There's not like 10 different BiS-items per/slot. Totally fine to add like 3 choices, but why more than that when those items are far from BiS?

There's also no acual grading of the items within the list which would probably make it hard for alot of those who are new to vanilla or their Class to know which items to go for.

Just a few thoughts of mine :)
Legend
Grunt
Grunt

by Larsen » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:48 am

For healers, note that if you actually wear the appointed BiS item in every slot, you'll have like 3800 mana which isn't really viable.
Larsen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by frederik1410 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:31 am

Really epic piece of work mate, this is gonna help out a lot of people get ready for raiding.
I noticed a few things in the Warlock section tho, like the Vexing Cane from ZF missing under staves, and the fact that dreamweave gloves are frost spelldmg only. But I pretty much used this guide to gear my lock otherwise, so thanks!
frederik1410
Tester

by Kurthos » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:27 pm

I want to give you guys an update on the status of this project of mine. I intend to update everything whenever Dire Maul comes out, at which point in time I'll expand it to include all raid loot available on the server. This is obviously a very large undertaking, but I hope to do so one to two weeks after each content release.
Kurthos
Grunt
Grunt

by pitfighter » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:31 pm

Thanks for doing this Kurthos. I'd love to assist if you require any help.
pitfighter
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Pulsar » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:40 am

Just a heads up for any resto shamans following this guide.

"Of healing" items aren't in the game, so they cannot be obtained, yet. Hands of the exalted herald do not have healing bonus on them. I'm not sure about the Nature's Shroud, but it's possible that it is only +holy spells.

Also, "The stones that bind us" quest is currently bugged, so Shard of Afrasa is unobtainable.

Might be more, though, so post if you find something.
Pulsar
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Mechanics and classes