Which healer too pick?

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Which healer too pick?

by VanillaHeal » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:13 pm

I come from MoP and WoD expansions and I thought "hey let's try vanilla" and I found this server. Well I tried to play a druid and I must say you can't faceroll here. Nothing wrong with that though :D . Mana seems to be a serious issue here. So I wanted to ask which class is most mana-efficient? I have most experience with pala and druid but I don't know my knowledge is even applicable here.
I hate it when somebody dies (especially in 5 mans), I take that very personally. However in this expansion I can't help a tank who decides to go jackass. I can do a bit extra healing in later expansions but not here. I always try to keep everyone alive so maybe an aoe heal? I really have no idea how healing classes work in vanilla. Can you help me out?
VanillaHeal
Tester

Re: Which healer too pick?

by Lakweeta » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:21 am

Your best bet will likely be priest. You'll be doing a ton of 5 mans at 60 as heals, and as a Druid, with their res having a CD of 30 minutes... Yeah you won't like that :X. Go Priest :3

Also, forget everything you know about wow. This is Vanilla. Classes kill slow, leveling is a journey not a rush o; most classes cannot take 2/3 mobs at once, you WILL die. Plan your kills, you'll have fun c:
Lakweeta
Sergeant
Sergeant

by JCarrill0 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:20 pm

VanillaHeal wrote:I come from MoP and WoD expansions and I thought "hey let's try vanilla" and I found this server. Well I tried to play a druid and I must say you can't faceroll here. Nothing wrong with that though :D . Mana seems to be a serious issue here. So I wanted to ask which class is most mana-efficient? I have most experience with pala and druid but I don't know my knowledge is even applicable here.
I hate it when somebody dies (especially in 5 mans), I take that very personally. However in this expansion I can't help a tank who decides to go jackass. I can do a bit extra healing in later expansions but not here. I always try to keep everyone alive so maybe an aoe heal? I really have no idea how healing classes work in vanilla. Can you help me out?

Paladin are nice flash healer if you go alliance, Shaman aren't bad if you like Horde.
Druid are pretty fun if you know a druid. Priest fit the best role if your just starting out vanilla
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by euronmisc » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:18 pm

Priests:
-Most complete and best equipped healers for tank and raid healing.
-Have big, mana efficient heals with a slow cast time
-Fast mana inefficient heals
-AoE healing
-HoT
-Shields

Downsides are that priests are very squishy, can only use cloth and don't really have an oh-shit button. Plus, priest buffs costs a huge amount of mana.

Paladin:
-Mostly raid healing
-Very fast mana efficient heal with FoL
-Slow, mana inefficient heal with Holy Light
-LoH, bubbles for oh-shit moments
-Can use all gear
-Survivability
-Cheap buffs

Cons to being a paladin is not having an AoE heal or HoTs. However you have lots of ways to save people's lives with BoP and LoH. Another downside is not being able to push a whole lot of healing in a short time like priests, druids and shamans can with fast mana inefficient heals. Paladins FoL is very mana efficient, but doesn't heal a lot.

Shaman:
-Great for tank and raid healing
-Slow, big heals
-Fast healerinos too
-Chain Heal is literally best spell galaxy

Downsides to being a shaman is the mana inefficiency, being a totem bitch.

Druids:
-Very bik, mana efficient but slow heals
-HoTs
-AoE healing
-Oh-shit buttons with Nature's Swiftness and Swiftmend
-Cheap buffs
-Innervate

Druids are great, but have two major flaws in vanilla. One, not having a standard ress. They only have combat ress on a 30minute CD. CR is incredibly useful for any raid, but for 5 mans it's kind of a bummer. The second major flaw is not having a 1.5sec cast heal. This means when you try to raidheal your targets will usually get healed before you get a spell off.
euronmisc
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by JCarrill0 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:02 pm

euronmisc wrote:Paladin:
-Mostly raid healing
-Very fast mana efficient heal with FoL
-Slow, mana inefficient heal with Holy Light
-LoH, bubbles for oh-shit moments
-Can use all gear
-Survivability
-Cheap buffs

Cons to being a paladin is not having an AoE heal or HoTs. However you have lots of ways to save people's lives with BoP and LoH. Another downside is not being able to push a whole lot of healing in a short time like priests, druids and shamans can with fast mana inefficient heals. Paladins FoL is very mana efficient, but doesn't heal a lot.

As a paladin I disagree with mostly raid healing, Tank heals with flash of light is critical during times where every other healing is waiting to cast that big heal. If anything we are probably better at Tank healing then as a raid healer.
Flash is what makes us great and Holy Light is still faster then most greater heals for the other classes. While we can use any type of gear, Leather and cloth is where we find ourselves when it comes to getting the best of both worlds. Plate is nice but you really don't see it until raids, even then late game raids such as aq/t3.
It is true we have short buff durations and no form of heal over time. Talents such as Illumination allow us to regain base mana when we crit. When looking at Effective healing, Here is the current record for most effective healing on Bosses:
As you can see, Paladin Dominate when it comes to not only healing, but effective raid healing.

The downside is they also TOp the overhealing charts. when getting downright to it, here is a list of effective heals for overall
Average Performance for players vs Molten Core
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by VanillaHeal » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:48 pm

Thanks for all the answers! I think I'll level a paladin. But do you think I could get into a raid group/guild? There are so many paladins in the game.
VanillaHeal
Tester

by euronmisc » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:49 pm

*rolls eyes* @ jcarrillo

As a healer of any class you shouldnt have any trouble finding groups Vanilla, so just roll whatever you like and enjoy!
euronmisc
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by JCarrill0 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:57 pm

euronmisc wrote:As a healer of any class you shouldnt have any trouble finding groups Vanilla, so just roll whatever you like and enjoy!

I totally agree, play what you want, enjoy and be happy!
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Cece » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:12 pm

Yeah, euronmisc is right here, just roll what you want and get it to 60. You'll learn as you progress and don't worry about the others: just try to be really good and you'll be good to go.

Obviously if you pick a class just because you want to get into raids, that would be fine too but if you stick to your choice it's just better.
Cece
Tester

by skitszo » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:04 am

Priest..... go priest IMO.
skitszo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Next

Return to Mechanics and classes