Should i have some regrets ?

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Should i have some regrets ?

by Rankjar » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:20 pm

Hi everyone ;)

I know there is a lot of topics about this question, but i don't know what to think, after all what i read. When i arrived on this server, i didn't have a single idea which class to play. So, i look on the class ratio subject on the forum. Finally, i choose Hunter...big regret today.

Hunter is really easy to leveling, not bad at all for PVP and seemed nice for PvE...before i read that hunters were not really good for PvE, cause of their low dps. So, there is only few hunters in a raid group, and i noticed that guilds don't really looking for Hunters. :cry: I'm currently level 46, so it's too late to change...

I just want to know if there a way to play hunter PvE without too much difficulty, like find a good guild or some raid ? I used to play tank & healer at TBC/TLK, so i never struggle to make a name for myself.

In this case, i have another question: which class is absolutely needed for PvE ? Dwarf Holy Priest ? Warlock is a good choice too, no ? Paladin ? Druid ? wartank?

Thanks a lot for your constructive answer, sorry for my bad english et long live to Nostalrius ! 8-)
Rankjar
Tester

Re: Should i have some regrets ?

by Syphonize » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:47 am

Good Hunters should not have a problem to get a raid spot. Yes, Hunters are fairly common but good ones are not!
Syphonize
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Mimma » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:09 am

Skilled players - no matter which class - are always in demand.
Mimma
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Ohr » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:26 pm

Hunters do okay dps if they manage their autoshots with aimed and multi. If you don't, you'll be bottom dps though.
Ohr
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Aslan » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:59 am

Just talk to zecov :D
Scar - Endurance
Aslan - The tales of a Shaman...
Raid streams; As soon as the lag is adjusted (rip)
http://www.twitch.tv/scarnostalrius
Aslan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Spiralstatic » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:48 pm

In my opinion you should have zero regrets. There are things that a Hunter can provide in raids that nobody else can.

It would just be ridiculous if hunters topped meters too, you'd just fill your entire raid with them.
Spiralstatic
Grunt
Grunt

by Undertanker » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:59 pm

This had the makings of a chubby chaser thread. I was disappointed.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Noxm » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:02 am

Aslan wrote:Just talk to zecov :D

Zecov mvp
Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Botmaster5 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:46 pm

hunters can also make a metric buttload (thats 2200 x buttload) of gold by solo farming instances. i.e. DM North Tribute, Solo farming Bloodvine in ZG, etc.
<Titans of War> Xashe
"Behold those who have power, and who are not afraid to wield it. Behold... the warlocks!" - Gul'dan
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by zmandude24 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:10 pm

Unless you don't enjoy the class, you shouldn't regret it. Yes, hunters are never going to top the dps meters in most (if not all) boss fights, but they have a must-have utility, which is misdirect. There isn't a shortage in the raiding pool, but there isn't too many, so finding a guild isn't too bad. Hunters are amazing as solo if you are good at kiting and are the kings of farming. The only thing I can think of that sucks is the low bag space from requiring an ammo bag and a few stacks of pet food.
zmandude24
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Mechanics and classes