Paladin vs priest healing - Vanilla

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Paladin vs priest healing - Vanilla

by Zacharybinx34 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:31 pm

Are paladin's still the inferior healer in this verison of wow?

Thanks!
Zacharybinx34
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Paladin vs priest healing - Vanilla

by Setup » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:20 pm

Paladins have a healing niche, and they provide critical support that priests don't.

But short answer, yes, in terms of just healing priests are stronger.

That's not to say the difference is that significant, but it's there.
Setup
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by smilkovpetko » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:57 pm

You can't say which healer is better because each class/spec healer has its own version of healing :

Holy Paladin = Weak on Raid Heal , Strongest on Tank Heal
Holy Priest = Weak on Tank Heal , Strongest on Raid Heal
Discipline Priest = Strongest on Tank Heal , Weak on Raid Heal
Restoration Druid = Weak on Tank Heal , Strongest on Raid Heal
Restoration Shaman = Medium on Tank Heal , Strongest on Melee Group Heal , Weak on Raid Heal
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by varth » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:10 pm

Please ignore the person above me... jesus that is some wrong info

Paladins : Strong tank healers and sustained healing due to crits giving full refund

Holy Priest : Strong tank healers and GROUP healers. Both of our aoe heals are group only. Weak raid healers

Disc Priest : Are WORSE tank healers than holy priests because every holy priest with half a brain has the good disc talents. Deep disc only added benefit is power infusion for mages/locks at the cost of +10% healing and 25% spirit to healing.

Druids : Great tank heal combo with priests, ok raid healing with HoT's

Resto shaman : ok tank healing, best raid healers because on most fights you can clump for OP chain heals
varth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Noselacri » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:59 pm

In current content, druids are pretty much only tank healers. Blanketing a raid with Rejuvs is neither really possible at this gear level nor very relevant in this content, and you can't raid heal too well with HT because it's so slow. You chain R4 HT on the tank for days and that's your job. In Naxx, druids switch to raid-wide Rejuv because by then you need it and can do it. Maybe in parts of AQ40 as well, but basically the last bits of vanilla.
Noselacri
Sergeant
Sergeant

by gotmilk0112 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:35 pm

smilkovpetko wrote:Holy Paladin = Weak on Raid Heal , Strongest on Tank Heal
Discipline Priest = Strongest on Tank Heal , Weak on Raid Heal

1. Nobody uses "disc" spec in vanilla, outside of PvP. And even then it's still more holy than Disc.

2. How can two different classes both be the "strongest on tank heal" ?

3. How the hell does speccing "disc" suddenly make priest bad at raid healing? This isn't pandaland where Disc and Holy have completely different healing spells; you're literally using the same Heal, Greater Heal, Renew, PWS, Flash Heal regardless of your spec.

You seem to have no idea what you're talking about.
knotic wrote:wait this is 2015. blizzard didnt do this in 2015. year is non-blizzlike omg omg
gotmilk0112
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Noselacri » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:39 pm

You seem to have no idea what you're talking about.

He never does.
Noselacri
Sergeant
Sergeant

by res » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:25 am

People in this thread are generally right (except smilkov), however there are some guilds who spec their priests into disc for Power Infusion because the current content doesn't really require you to have all the "good talents", this way you can clear content faster by putting Power Infusion on your casters.

Note: This is mostly guild who has everything on farm - where the extra healing does close to nothing but the extra damage makes the raids faster.
res
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:11 am

res wrote:People in this thread are generally right (except smilkov), however there are some guilds who spec their priests into disc for Power Infusion because the current content doesn't really require you to have all the "good talents", this way you can clear content faster by putting Power Infusion on your casters.

Note: This is mostly guild who has everything on farm - where the extra healing does close to nothing but the extra damage makes the raids faster.

Regarding Discipline
(the talent tree is more in favor of disc)
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#bxMusVVoZrxxcc0V

The fact that builds (which are in favor of disc) are making you far more superior on "single target" healing makes you best "single target healer" since you benefit lot in mana, mana regen which make you spamming more often your tank .

Regarding Holy
(the talent tree is more in favor of holy)
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#bxMhsZcxtcfMqt

The fact that builds (which are in favor of holy) are making you far more superior on "aoe/raid" healing makes you best "aoe/raid" healer , therefore if you spam harder your mana will be gone in few seconds and this makes you weak healer on "single target".

Regarding Restoration Druid

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#0xZZxEcqeqio

The fact that their healing are more likely "Spreading HoTs" therefore lesser effective single target heals makes them best Raid Healers.

Regarding shaman (i will reserve myself from most statements about it) .

The fact that his "chain heals" will most likely benefit Melee/Tank than the Range which spread bit higher (example Ragnaros) . Makes him best "melee healer" , "medium tank healer" and "weaker raid healer".

Regarding Paladin

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#sVxurgot
The fact that his 3 major abilities (holy shock,flash of light,Holy light) and it's crit/mana based makes him "Strongest Tank Healer" and most weak "Raid Healer".

people often ignore all words i said about all class and they choose specific point on holy/disc priest... bring them 2 and test them who will more survive on mana 1 target.

(if you deny what i have said , feel free to make yourself own tests on equal geared healers)
p.s - ignore that troll that writing about what i say about paladins , he is putting words in my mouth , i never said paladins best healers . i just said that they are best tank healers.
Last edited by smilkovpetko on Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Aethelwulf » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:35 pm

Paladins are easily inferior to Priests in terms of tank healing with two exceptions: Lay on Hands and threat. Since Paladins get half the normal threat on heals, sometimes a Priest might be threat-capped where a Paladin is not. Priests however simply outheal Paladins by far. For one thing, they have a reduced cast time heal to boost their heal per second coefficient whereas the Paladin does not.

I'm well aware smilkovpetko that you like to believe Paladins are the best healers, the best DPS, and the best tanks, but that doesn't mean it's true.
Aethelwulf
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Next

Return to Mechanics and classes