Most difficult classes to play.

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Most difficult classes to play.

by Rocketeerraccoon » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:01 pm

I feel that Warrior and Rogue are the hardest classes to get into, both for different reasons. For Warrior it's the fact that their abilities are locked out from being used less you change stance it can be really hard to setup the keybinds. Rogues however are too dependant on their cooldown abilities and you can't just use them all, also I can never know what specs to use, dagger or sword for any hand and what poisons to apply. Also you got to know how and when to use your abilities.
Rocketeerraccoon
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Most difficult classes to play.

by ptg2000 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:11 pm

How do you describe difficulty? Managing resources and cool downs? Keybinding abilities to fit your play style? Spec/class combo? Etc.

Seems that this would be a personal decision so I am just looking for some clarification.

Personally I started with a dwarf warrior as my first character at launch. But within 3 months I was playing my dwarf rogue as my main character. I can't say that they were more difficult than other classes at the time because I was very new to the game and once I learned those classes I picked up others quicker after learning game mechanics etc.

It will be interesting to see what others have to say.
"Healping" others online since 2004.

PvP Server: Mandia - 19 Troll Shaman
PvE Server: Heavensbee - 39 Dwarf Priest
ptg2000
Tester

by Thatoneguy » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:09 pm

Every class is easy to pick up but hard to master. Not only knowledge about your class but your opponent's class (and spec) plays a part.

Here's a very limited list to mistakes that people do often.

Bad Shamans:
- Don't anticipate with Grounding Totem to absord (the right) spells.
- Don't purge the right buffs during combat (especially after the first 3 mindless purges).
- Don't use the right totems at the right time to begin with.
- Don't even fucking heal when another player right next to time is dieing, lol.

Bad Rogues:
- Don't stunlock efficiently by using KS while another stun effect such as CS is still up for a good second.
- Can't bleed kite warriors, we call them scrubs.

Bad Mages:
- Blink in to Frost Nova.
- Can't Sheep the right target.
- Iceblock as soon as a mob is on them.
- Use Frost Nova in every engagement. Especially idiotic when you FN a mob that's standing right beside a healer because then the mob will start to attack the healer.

Bad Warriors:
- Can't stance dance.
- Don't know when it's okay to run out for an intercept and when you absolutely shouldn't do it. This has to do with not being aware of what surrounding players/mobs are capable of doing.

Bad Paladins:
- Don't bubble+hearth. Lol GTFO alliance scum.

Bad Hunters & Warlocks:
- Can't control their pets independently from their own character, they put it on auto attack and don't look back.
- Don't send their pet after the right target.

Bad Druids:
- Just can't play their own class. Luckily there is so few of you nobody has any clue if you're playing the class right.

Bad Priests:
- Don't exist, they are all good players.

Players in general that:
- Are not using potions when they very well could've used them. Healing/Mana potions are so readily available there's no excuse in getting killed while leaving your opponent alive with <100 health.
- Are slow to react to any situation they find themselves in if they didn't initiate.
- Don't know a proper DPS rotation.
- Don't know when to use what gear.
- Don't understand not each and every (dungeon) encounter requires 3 damager dealers, a healer and a tank.
- Don't protect the healer from getting attacked damage.
- Healers that don't
- Backpedal. The S key should be bound to a skill, not backpedaling as not only is it completely useless, it's compared to straving / running out.
- Break CC'd targets when they should be left alone.
- Tanks who don't realize when their healers are getting OOM and need a rest.

There's quite a lot of stuff out there that people can't do properly. I notice that the people who hate/dislike PvP and usually avoid it are often slow players that can't play their class to its fullest potential.
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by thefatswede » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:55 pm

Hunters using serpentsting on healers.

PS Vipersting is not good against alliance healers. DS
thefatswede
Sergeant
Sergeant

by TaurenRogue » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:24 am

thefatswede wrote:Hunters using serpentsting on healers.

PS Vipersting is not good against alliance healers. DS

wrong... its amazing... viper sting dismounts any ally healer except a priest... its quite efficient...
TaurenRogue
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Rocketeerraccoon » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:20 am

Two people here that are anti-Alliance, oh dear. :shock:

As for Warrior, why couldn't they just have all their abilities useable in all their stances? I've always found Warrior to be somewhat of a weird class.
Rocketeerraccoon
Grunt
Grunt

by Setup » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:46 am

For pve, healers. They carry the raid. All other roles in vanilla are mindless and easy.

For pvp, you can see incredible stuff from any class, but rogues have a particularly high skill ceiling because of all the cooldowns and control abilities they have.
Setup
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by gangstanigga » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:18 am

druid for obvious reasons fam

Thatoneguy wrote:Bad Shamans:

shit is bugged
yo moma so fat she carried both teams
gangstanigga
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Thefilth » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:22 am

Rocketeerraccoon wrote:Two people here that are anti-Alliance, oh dear. :shock:

As for Warrior, why couldn't they just have all their abilities useable in all their stances? I've always found Warrior to be somewhat of a weird class.

They do later on. :D
As for it complicating the class, sure, it complicates it until you learn to use it right. It's really easy to set up macros for using abilities or changing stances first if necesary. Same with equipping sword and board for dps offtanking etc. etc.

But obviously warriors and rogues are harder to play, from a pve perspective, than warlocks and mages. I reckon hunters are harder though.

For PVP? It's vanilla.. rock paper scissor. No difficulty involved.
Thefilth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Thatoneguy » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:50 am

gangstanigga wrote:druid for obvious reasons fam

Thatoneguy wrote:Bad Shamans:

shit is bugged

The only bug it has is that it can ground multiple spells... which has absolutely no impact on the ability to anticipate incoming spells.
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Mechanics and classes