Healing Guide (The base for a healing team)

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Re: Healing Guide (The base for a healing team)

by Kailas » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:53 pm

Would be nice if more people read it ^^ Sucks healing in pugs without this
Kailas
Kailas
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Sharax » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:55 pm

Hey, I have never healed before in retail, but I want to finally try it out here, starting with dungeons and BGs. Any novice healer recommendations? Should I use the addons you suggest for raid healing for these purposes or something else?
@CharaxS
Sharax
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Kailas » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:47 am

Well for dungeons you should start with everything I mentioned except Forecast, Aftercast, RABuffs and HealerAssist which are used in raids only or in other words when you are healing with other healers in group/raid
Kailas
Kailas
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Zanbaka » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:55 pm

Really nice guide bro, but I was wondering tho, how does lunamouseover work? I tried using the macro you listed there but it doesn't work :S
Zanbaka
Grunt
Grunt

by Kailas » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:49 pm

Well if you have luna and wrote the macro properly (each spell uses a different macro - example chain heal rank 1 would be /lunamo Chain Heal(Rank 1) ) it should work. If you are sure both luna and macro are properly set up then I suggest you to make a back up of your WTF folder and then delete it. Try again with a clear WTF folder and all other addons except luna turned off; if it works one of the other addons you are using is causing the bug.

You can also w me in game and I will try to help out anyway I can. Good luck
Kailas
Kailas
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kailas » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:12 pm

bump
Kailas
Kailas
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Pottu » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:44 pm

Stickied.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by Kailas » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:15 pm

Pottu wrote:Stickied.

Thanks for recognition. I will try to keep this updated and improve it as I learn new things
Kailas
Kailas
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Imbaslap » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:54 pm

"7.Analyzing realmplayers data"

debunks this entire thread.

healing is dynamic, not linear with numbers.
every boss encounter is different.
sometimes you do 0 healing on encounters or barely any at all.

the real goal you should be focusing on is player deaths and boss kills with 0 wipes.
all except a few guilds, most of the people who claim to have high HPS/effective healing end up being in the most wipefest of a raid.

meter's do not judge performance for a healer outside of making sure they aren't AFK.(easier way to check that outside of raid stats). if 1 or 2 players are super high on hps, while others are low. it means there is an imbalance of heals somewhere. (1 or 2 are doing too much work). another indicator could mean that your raid is shit and taking more damage then needed. (stop standing in fire like a retail pleb).

good guide nonetheless. just remove the #7 part as it has nothing to do with being a healer. anyone can be high HPS with a heal macro they mash... that doesn't make them good or knowledgable. (hence why meters don't mean shit)
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Kailas » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:20 am

Imbaslap wrote:"7.Analyzing realmplayers data"

debunks this entire thread.

healing is dynamic, not linear with numbers.
every boss encounter is different.
sometimes you do 0 healing on encounters or barely any at all.

the real goal you should be focusing on is player deaths and boss kills with 0 wipes.
all except a few guilds, most of the people who claim to have high HPS/effective healing end up being in the most wipefest of a raid.

meter's do not judge performance for a healer outside of making sure they aren't AFK.(easier way to check that outside of raid stats). if 1 or 2 players are super high on hps, while others are low. it means there is an imbalance of heals somewhere. (1 or 2 are doing too much work). another indicator could mean that your raid is shit and taking more damage then needed. (stop standing in fire like a retail pleb).

good guide nonetheless. just remove the #7 part as it has nothing to do with being a healer. anyone can be high HPS with a heal macro they mash... that doesn't make them good or knowledgable. (hence why meters don't mean shit)

I think most of what you claim is already explained in part 7 and elsewhere in the guide although not in the same words. I do not agree that meters do not give you an idea on someones performance. However I do realize these values will be strongly influenced by various factors which should be kept in mind when reviewing EHPS, OH and RH.
Kailas
Kailas
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Mechanics and classes