First Time Nostalrius - Picking a class

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

First Time Nostalrius - Picking a class

by NostalgicEnigma » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:07 am

So I have an odd question:

What class (if any, unless I have to play multiple classes simultaneously or something) can I play that is good at soloing dungeons? Most of my WoW playtime was during the Wrath/early Cata era, so my understanding of the classes is different from what is in Vanilla. I don't really have any interest in raiding (not enough time as it is) so I don't really care if the class sucks for raiding, and I can always just roll a different class for raiding later on.

A quick response would be appreciated.
NostalgicEnigma
Tester

Re: First Time Nostalrius - Picking a class

by Thatoneguy » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:30 am

I don't think you're going to be soloing any dungeon as any class at your current level.

With certain classes you can farm trash mobs for easy gold or run lower level dungeons easier... but I don't think there's a class that can clear the bosses from Scholo/Stratholme/UBRS/LBRS on their own. And if they could it wouldn't be in pre-raid gear.
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by NostalgicEnigma » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:28 pm

Thatoneguy wrote:I don't think you're going to be soloing any dungeon as any class at your current level.

With certain classes you can farm trash mobs for easy gold or run lower level dungeons easier... but I don't think there's a class that can clear the bosses from Scholo/Stratholme/UBRS/LBRS on their own. And if they could it wouldn't be in pre-raid gear.

Well I mean once I actually start playing. I just want to know before I do anything so I can prepare ahead of time.
NostalgicEnigma
Tester

by Ana » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:41 pm

Hunter is the best for soloing dungeons, hands down.
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Thatoneguy » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:39 pm

NostalgicEnigma wrote:
Thatoneguy wrote:I don't think you're going to be soloing any dungeon as any class at your current level.

Well I mean once I actually start playing. I just want to know before I do anything so I can prepare ahead of time.

I mean that you're not going to solo dungeons that are at your level. So once you're 42 you're not going to solo Zul Farrak, or once you're 60 you're not going to solo LBRS, etc.
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Ana » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:03 pm

Thatoneguy wrote:once you're 60 you're not going to solo LBRS, etc.

Yeah gotta wait for lvl 65 at least
oh wait it's vanilla
btw: yes you are going to solo LBRS at 60 :) (with the right class ofc)
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Bioness » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:03 pm

Ana wrote:

oh wait it's vanilla

No class is soloing (i.e. killing all bosses) Lower Blackrock Spire.

Maraudon, Dire Maul East, and Dire Maul North are the highest level dungeons where the end boss is soloable and only with certain classes.

OP if you want to solo dungeons, this expansion may not be for you, even the ones I mentioned require a lot of practice and a lot of corpse runs to get right.
Bioness
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by NostalgicEnigma » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:18 pm

Bioness wrote:
Ana wrote:

oh wait it's vanilla

No class is soloing (i.e. killing all bosses) Lower Blackrock Spire.

Maraudon, Dire Maul East, and Dire Maul North are the highest level dungeons where the end boss is soloable and only with certain classes.

OP if you want to solo dungeons, this expansion may not be for you, even the ones I mentioned require a lot of practice and a lot of corpse runs to get right.

Okay, so which class is best for soloing lower level dungeons UP until Maraudon/Dire Maul like you said.?
NostalgicEnigma
Tester

by Bioness » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:08 am

Hunters, always.
Bioness
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Botanist » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:59 pm

Ana wrote:btw: yes you are going to solo LBRS at 60 :) (with the right flyhack ofc)

fixed
Level 3 <GRIZZLY> Member
Level 1 Public Relations Trainee (Grizzly dindu nuffin division)
Starshina Second Class of RIDF Nostalrius Sector
Rank 1 Care Coordinator and Executive Administrator of the <GRIZZLY> Seeking Elites Precinct
Botanist
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Mechanics and classes