Spell Target Priority

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Spell Target Priority

by Boonkin » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:39 am

Hey everyone, not entirely sure if the topic's title is correct, anyways:

how do you make it so that the last target you select is the on the receiving end of your spells?

Example: you're healing and want to keep spamming FoLs then decide at the very last moment (once you're almost done casting) which target you want to heal by selecting them. How does one do that/ is it possible?

Right now what happens is the target of my spell is whichever target I had (previously) selected when casting that spell, regardless of what my target is once the spell is actually casted.

How can I change that?

Thanks in advance
Boonkin
Private
Private

Re: Spell Target Priority

by justclassic » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:54 am

Boonkin wrote:Hey everyone, not entirely sure if the topic's title is correct, anyways:

how do you make it so that the last target you select is the on the receiving end of your spells?

Example: you're healing and want to keep spamming FoLs then decide at the very last moment (once you're almost done casting) which target you want to heal by selecting them. How does one do that/ is it possible?

Right now what happens is the target of my spell is whichever target I had (previously) selected when casting that spell, regardless of what my target is once the spell is actually casted.

How can I change that?

Thanks in advance

You can't. It's how it works and definitly how it should work in my opinion. Its your decision which target you want to heal and invest 1,5 sec into it. Otherwise casting a healing spell on a wrong target wouldn't have any negative effects as you could simply switch to a different target before the cast finishes.

EDIT: Its the same with damage spells, you cant cast a fireball on a target and decide 0.1 sec before it launches to change your target to hit something else.
justclassic
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Setup » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:20 am

Boonkin wrote:How can I change that?

You could try playing retail, I bet it works there. :)
Setup
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Bioness » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:14 pm

The only spell to my knowledge that works like this is the Ritual of Summoning used by Warlocks, which may or may not be bugged.

In all my 10+ years of playing I never once questioned the way it works nor seen anyone else want to change it. In my opinion, as justclassic said, that is how it should work. If you are familiar with turn-based strategy games, after you make a move you can't just switch it because your opponent or whoever does something different, same concept.
Bioness
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Return to Mechanics and classes