Hunter or Warlock

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Hunter or Warlock

by Varec » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:05 am

I've decided that, since I don't have as much time for WoW as I would like, I would roll a pet-class in order to make lvling easier and faster. I'm not that experienced in Vanilla, so I would just like to hear what are some of the pros and cons of each class, both PvP and PvE-wise.

If I roll hunter, I would be Night Elf, and for warlock I'd pick Horde, haven't decided the race yet. One guy told me to roll a warlock on horde because horde is less populated, but I don't want to make a choice based on just the populations of the factions.

Looking forward to hearing from some experienced hunters and locks :)
Varec
Tester

Re: Hunter or Warlock

by Kasen » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:13 am

If you think of rolling on the PvP realm, Hunters are sort of overplayed and it might be a trouble finding spot in raids, while locks are welcome both in PvE and PvP action.
Kasen
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Varec » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:47 am

I'm thinking about playing on PvE realm, forgot to mention that, sry :)
Varec
Tester

by ShaqPack » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:31 am

Both are easy to level, but honestly with a lock you almost always have a spot in 5 mans or raids if you want one, whereas with hunters they aren't bad, but locks definitely outdamage them. Honestly though, if you're not that worried, I'd just say roll whichever one seems more fun.
ShaqPack
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Varec » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:21 pm

So you are saying Warlocks are more in demand?
Varec
Tester

by Nagrim » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:36 pm

On PvE there are really many warlocks (especially on Horde), but i think generally they are preferred over hunters. As always: You should just play what best fits your style.

btw regarding outdamage: That isn't true. Locks have a hard time with 8 debuff slots and their high threat. Later it's true but not from start on
Nagrim
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Ana » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:07 pm

Locks have a hard time mostly because there's zero hit gear available on PvE server atm. Once ZG is out, locks outdistance hunters and never look back again.
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Codeine » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:02 am

Why would you roll a night elf hunter? Dwarf is superior in every way. Stoneform counters other hunter viper stings, and gets you out of crippling/blind from rogues.
Codeine
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Betta » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:17 am

Codeine wrote:Why would you roll a night elf hunter? Dwarf is superior in every way. Stoneform counters other hunter viper stings, and gets you out of crippling/blind from rogues.

To meld afk at Stables, duhhh lol.
I'm just Betta than you..
Betta
Grunt
Grunt

by Drain » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:56 pm

Hunter is the winner in BGs thanks to 41y, Viper Sting(stupidly OP), and a much better pet you don't have to spend mana recalling every time it runs off chasing someone. The Warlock pet is a joke, and if it runs off, you either need to dump a pile of mana or die to get it back. It doesn't help that dots are pretty useless in BGs because enemies either die in <5s, or the dots just get dispelled. BGs are all about direct/burst damage, and Hunter will win here. You also get track and eagle eye, which can scout across maps or through walls. Then there's flare for Rogues.

Warlock is the winner in PvE. Not only do you bring Soulstones, but there's less gear competition. HF trying to your Truestrike or Baron cape. Getting a group is easy as a caster. It's a fuckton harder as physical dps. Only thing casters have an issue getting is the reed from Jed, which drops commonly enough if you always get a Jed ID. Seriously, do not roll anymore Rogues on PvP. We have enough. Trust me.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to Mechanics and classes