help pick professions for a paladin

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

help pick professions for a paladin

by dngrs » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:02 pm

will play it as healer endgame pve

BS seems kinda useless and Im not a big fan of gathering ( because it sucks not finding nodes and stuff, is it an issue on the pve realm?)

im thinking to pick enchanting ( big money sink I know) because I figure I will have lots of greed wins in dungeons and I could always have mats to enchant myself. I think I need only 200 skill to d/e anything. in that case I dunno what to pick as 2nd. Skinning? Just to sell the mats. I could farm at 60 as holy for some mats to make money with ease, no?

I will also work a bit on a mage ( pve). Maybe I should take ench on this one? Wont play this mage much tho. What proffs will I take then on the paladin? Or I could keep alch/herb for the mage.

I have a warlock almost 60 with artisan ench/tailor on the other faction.
Shtefan - undead warlock - 60
dngrs
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: help pick professions for a paladin

by smilkovpetko » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:09 pm

best profession for paladin is engineering , pvp or pve regardless of what you do or what spec you are.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by dngrs » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:03 am

whats so good about it in pve? isnt it more for a tank?
dngrs
Sergeant
Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:04 am

it is for all 3 specs and explanation is too long for this.

but in short line : cc mobs + extra stun + range pull. (doesn't mean to be tank for this).
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Valandar » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:47 pm

Why would you need to range pull as a healer? Engineering would be better for ret and prot for sure, but I don't think holy PvE would benefit too much from engineering (besides survivability I guess) . In PvP thats a different story, but if you're only raiding Alchemy and Herbalism is nice. Potions and consumables help A LOT in PvE raid encounters, and people like to really increase prices when they are selling them. If you can farm you own mats, you don't need to be spend money to always have consumables up during any given raid encounter, which will increase your performance. Especially over those who don't have the money or professions to flask
Valandar
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:59 pm

stun saves the group/raid in pve as healer , you can rocked shoot to cc the dragonkins etc .

yes engineering is best profession for pvp and pve regardless of what you think .

i personally don't use it , not because it is not good but because i never care about min/max elitists .

no matter what - engineering is and will always be best profession for any class and the most for paladin on every aspect of the game (except money making/profit) .

Think about BWL = force reactive disk , no matter what paladin spec is , the disc is the real savior there.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Ana » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:30 pm

dngrs wrote:I think I need only 200 skill to d/e anything

You need 1 enchanting to DE anything.
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by dngrs » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:38 pm

is that a bug?
dngrs
Sergeant
Sergeant

by rooik » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:50 pm

dngrs wrote:is that a bug?

nope. In vanilla you could de anything at skill 1
<NOPE>
rooik
Grunt
Grunt

by TheFishyOne » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:51 am

Agree with Duki.

ENG fills in all of a Pally's weak points in Vanilla. If you need ideas for PvE applications as a healer, you can supply your raid with repair bots, dummies can help if you get aggro, and sapper charges will let you contribute to AoE situations.
TheFishyOne
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Mechanics and classes