Info about classes' value

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Re: Info about classes' value

by Aslan » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:28 am

Fascinating how you can turn every post into a "can pallies actually dps and tank" discussion.
At least be honest to the guy and tell him that only like every 20th guild takes nonhealer pallies, shamans, druids and that they are mostly low-tier (doesnt have to be a bad thing to be casual).

I guess OP just wants some dps comparison to then roll the class with the highest average. All healers are needed and have their specific roles to fulfill, hence all equally viable and whatever others say, no hps isnt a thing in vanilla ;).

Prot the only tanking class (sorry).

Dps is already mentionned, hunter will most likely be shit soon, priest = only 1 per guild.
Warlock, Mage (frost in mc and bwl later on fire in zg, aq and naxx), Fury, rogue all on the safe side in any content but the 2latest become less melee friendly with boss mechanics overall. Also 95% of all players have l2p issue, if you want to be a good dps just play the class you want to learn and read stuff about in-depth, most players dont do dps with any gear and any spec.
Scar - Endurance
Aslan - The tales of a Shaman...
Raid streams; As soon as the lag is adjusted (rip)
http://www.twitch.tv/scarnostalrius
Aslan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Ana » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:10 am

@up
That's the problem though isn't it? People can love their quirky specs all they want for all I care, but here we have an inexperienced guy coming for advice and what he gets is a pretty picture painted by some two clowns. For all we know he may end up taking some of this to heart and then he spends a ton of time on his shiny new retri paladin or smite priest or whatever and then he wants to raid and ends up fuckin miserable because the pretty picture was, in two word, bull and shit.

Theloras wrote:I'll let you try to figure out the error of your ways before replying with the answers...

Yeah, I took a large chunk of averaged out data instead of taking a single screenshot of when <my class of choice> shines, posting it 100 times over and pointedly ignoring everything else. How evil of me.

Let me be blunt: if paladins were good and hunters were bad, then paladins would show up on long term meters and hunters wouldn't. It's the other way round. Ergo, you lose.
Last edited by Pottu on Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Toned down the insults
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Theloras » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:25 am

Ana wrote:@up
That's the problem though isn't it? People can love their quirky specs all they want for all I care, but here we have an inexperienced guy coming for advice and what he gets is a pretty picture painted by some two clowns. For all we know he may end up taking some of this to heart and then he spends a ton of time on his shiny new retri paladin or smite priest or whatever and then he wants to raid and ends up fuckin miserable because the pretty picture was, in two word, bull and shit.
I don't know if it's a matter of honesty, down syndrome delusions or if they're deliberate trolling cunts... but there's real damage that can be done here and it pisses me off.

Theloras wrote:I'll let you try to figure out the error of your ways before replying with the answers...

Yeah, I took a large chunk of averaged out data instead of taking a single screenshot of when <my class of choice> shines, posting it 100 times over and pointedly ignoring everything else. How evil of me.

Let me be blunt: if paladins were good and hunters were bad, then paladins would show up on long term meters and hunters wouldn't. It's the other way round. Ergo, you lose.

ergo you're applying apples to oranges comparison and still have no idea on how badly you have erred and are simply resorting to insults to back up your intellectually dishonest data parse.

but i'm a generous and forgiving person so I will give you another try to find the error of your ways.
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Ana » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:52 am

Not particularly interested in entertaining clowns
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Aslan » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:01 am

Recommending him to play hunter is as mean as spriest when it comes to later content?
Pretty much agree on the rest of it. He is looking for a high performance capped class, to me it doesnt sound as if the OP was the kind of person who wants to tryhard every aspect to 100% to be on par with the average slacking raider and eventually making his way as an exception into a guild...

Most classes have a valid spec, the ones who do more dmg such as rogues (for now) are also quite populated and 90% of them dont deserve to dwell in BWL even, if you want 'the easy way' pick any class that you can learn to play, the better it is considered to be and the more desired in raids, the more competition will you have. You will always have to fight your way through.

Performance in vanilla is much more straight forward and machine-behaviour alike than in other expansions by the way but that takes too many text walls to explain before i know that you show interesst.
Scar - Endurance
Aslan - The tales of a Shaman...
Raid streams; As soon as the lag is adjusted (rip)
http://www.twitch.tv/scarnostalrius
Aslan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Mirabai » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:30 am

Ana wrote:@up
I don't know if it's a matter of honesty, down syndrome delusions or if they're deliberate trolling cunts... but there's real damage that can be done here and it pisses me off.

This about sums it up. There will always be exceptional circumstances that lead to oddball specs performing well during specific bossfights, but what's important here is - as Ana pointed out - identifying patterns.

It's honestly astonishing that the evidence presented in favour of ret paladin DPS is screenshots of damage meters on MC trash. Let that sink in for a moment.

@OP:
Check out some raids on realmplayers to get a general feel of the class composition in raids. Should tell you volumes about class "value".
Mirabai
Private
Private

by smilkovpetko » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:48 pm

by Mirabai » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:30 am

It's honestly astonishing that the evidence presented in favour of ret paladin DPS is screenshots of damage meters on MC trash. Let that sink in for a moment.

Same as dishonest intellectual avoiding realmplayers bossfight DPS where :

1- http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/Fight ... t=16012806 Paladin was topping DPS on 1 target.
2- https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=25556 All the Bugs Paladins that have.
3- Every single Boss in game (literally) up to naxx can be killed with average 200 DPS per member in raid.
4- Every single Boss in game (literally) including naxx can be killed with average 500 DPS per member in raid

Evidence : http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/687 ... a-Raid-DPS

5- Conclusion : if paladin did more than 500 DPS , it makes him Viable. End of Story.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Theloras » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:16 pm

Ana wrote:Not particularly interested in entertaining clowns

no it's cause you realize that your data parse was completely rigged up the ass in order to promote your own self delusional conclusions

so allow me to illuminate for the stupid and uninformed like you...

1. Every raiding guild on Nostalrius (Horde and Alliance) and every raiding guild back in actual Vanilla WoW had at least 3 Hunters for each BWL clear compared to...wait for it...wait for it...

2. There are MAYBE 5-10 Raiding Ret Paladins in BWL capable guilds on Nostalrius atm with appropriate levels of skill/gear in order to compete in a legitimate DPS race (cause our LOL Tier 1 and Tier 2 gear is absolute trash for DPS and any offset gear is given to Fury/Rogues automatically due to retarded mindsets like yours). Don't even get me started on Hunters taking Quick Strike Ring over all melee first...

3. Holystrike is the only raiding Ret Paladin in his guild which means that he is only putting up a single Judgement of the Crusader debuff which limits his +holy dmg. I was in his guild for a week to try and run double Ret with him but the "special people" running it had their heads up their asses and couldn't comprehend the idea of Judgement of the Crusader stacking

4. Holystrike (by his own admission) doesn't even TRY to DPS in BWL most raids. Your DPS parse specifically states, "Boss fight average is calculated by taking the 5 best performing(for the player) encounters out of the last 6 attended." So, what if he was healing only on a particular boss fight or over a particular raid clear in its entirety?

Want proof of #4 - just look at this:

http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/Ranki ... ssLimit=Pa

IM ON THERE FOR FUCK SAKE AS PROT SPEC AND SHOWING RAID ENCOUNTERS/BOSS FIGHTS ON WHICH ALL I DID WAS FUCKING HEAL!!!!
Last edited by Theloras on Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Ana » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:12 pm

Why do people keep claiming that Golemagg is a single target fight?
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Theloras » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:18 pm

Ana wrote:Why do people keep claiming that Golemagg is a single target fight?

cause it is einstein.

DPS focuses the boss since the adds won't die...like ever...
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Mechanics and classes