Dungeons Difficulty

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Dungeons Difficulty

by AndiHerrmann94 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:21 pm

Hi Guys :P

I'm a fresh Lvl. 60 Mage! :)
I cleared BRD and DM E/W/N the last Days!
But i haven't played in Vanilla so my question is which Dungeons are the hardest?
Can you Guys do a Ranking for me? :)
I'm not sure if my Gear is enough for Strat/Scholo..

Greetings :P
AndiHerrmann94
Tester

Re: Dungeons Difficulty

by Ana » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:00 pm

3-manning UBRS is tough.

You don't need gear for standard group composition in preraid dungeons, really. Assuming you don't show up full of lvl 25 greens anyway.
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Dr. Doom » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:10 pm

Hardest difficulty on 5 mans is probably Stratholme. Room of error is smaller, as a person aggroing an Eye of Naxxramas and not killing it quick enough can be a real complication. Tends to happen often when someone zones in and is trying to reach the group alone.

The Scarlet Battle Mages can easily wipe a team if they're not focused early on or if there is no CC for other mobs that accompany them.

Scholomance doesn't strike me as too difficult but there are granted a few packs that can be problematic. The room prior to the Viewing Room has a magic immune mobs that can be a problem for certain team compositions (even wanding gets an immune message), the room with the ghouls has loads of dark plague debuffs that can easily kill a melee dps in seconds, and the room with Instructor Malicia has physical immune mobs that once again, can be a bit of a pain for some team compositions.

Other than these 2, I dont feel dungeons are truly complicated. BRD is very straightforward in fights and pulls, with the Dark Iron Highway, 5 packs requiring decent CC. Only the fight with Thaurissan, when you have to save Moira can be a bit of a problem if the DPS is low or the interrupting team mates are failing to stop Moira's heals.

LBRS is really simple in most ways, just focusing casters early on will clear the whole way for you, whether Scarshield Warlocks, Troll Witch Doctors, Firebrand Invokers or Bloodaxe Summoners. Only the event with Urok Doomhowl tends to be a problem for pugs as it is imperative to cc the large amount of incoming ogres, and peel off the healer.

Dire Maul really boils down to pulling back carefully, with some ghost packs in DM:W being complicated if not CC.

Nothing too terrible if you're careful, and if you have someone who broadly understands the vibe of the dungeon. Gear isn't a big issue, awareness and attention are.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Undertanker » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:44 am

Strat live side tends to be up there as Doom said the caster packs can reck a group, regardless of gear if you don't burn them down fast.

This 5 man is more of knowing the pats, and entering certain rooms triggers adds to pop from behind. If you don't know which rooms do this, you are gonna have a bad time. The boss can be a pain if DPS is low and healer doesn't know how to line of site to avoid being MC/Feared while still healing the tank.

DM North last boss hits like a truck, so don't go in with a squishy. And DM West arcane adds are annoying if you don't have a CC.

As a mage, you won't find any content is "hard" as you serve the same roll that you've been doing since VC. Sheep, focus fire, and occasional AoE which as long as you wait for initial aggro you won't have issues with.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by AndiHerrmann94 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:56 pm

Thx for the fast answers guys :)
AndiHerrmann94
Tester

Return to Mechanics and classes