Leatherworking? Is it worth?

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Leatherworking? Is it worth?

by killa162 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:42 am

So I'm a hunter, and I'm currently leveling. For the time being I have Mining and Skinning as my two professions. Mining is extremely lacking behind is skill points and its hovering at like 60, where my Skinning is basically max for the regions I can go to skin for the time being.

I wanted to drop one or the other most likely mining since if I did go LW I could just farm my own leather/skins etc. But the true question is, for a player like myself that doesn't know if I want to PvE or PvP yet with my hunter, what would be the best option? Is LW even worth getting anyways if I go PvE? Or is there a better option to go?

I know if I went PvP you guys would probably suggest engineering but is Engi really THAT required to PvP as a hunter?

Tips much appreciated on what to do. Thanks.
Rangrim - Dwarf - Hunter - [Alliance] <Tinker Town Mafia> [PvP Server]
killa162
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Leatherworking? Is it worth?

by Ashyx » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:34 am

It might be worth it if you plan on making some gear with it, however LW can get expensive from 225+ onwards so always bear that in mind when leveling it.
Ashyx - Tauren Druid - PvP
Ashyx
Sergeant
Sergeant

by killa162 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:16 pm

Ashyx wrote:It might be worth it if you plan on making some gear with it, however LW can get expensive from 225+ onwards so always bear that in mind when leveling it.

Well isn't everything expensive to level? And how much is gold really worth in Vanilla, in live and wrath I always felt like I needed money for enchants and gems. This I know you need money for your mount and such, but other then that how much does gold actually have value to keep farming it. Like would it be good to have one gathering prof and one crafting prof like tailoring to make bags for new people always leveling alts and so on.

Edit: Like if I stayed with LW, are the armors and stuff other than for myself for gear, is it good to sell on the AH, and can you make the gear with making a profit if you gather the leather yourself and buy the other stuff required? I'm just trying to find a profession that is worth it. I always want at least one gathering prof so I can have something to fall back on to get quick ez money with hardly no effort.
killa162
Sergeant
Sergeant

by milliondollar » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:18 am

Salt shaker CD every 3 days 10g+ profit until aq opens.
milliondollar
Grunt
Grunt

by killa162 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:22 am

milliondollar wrote:Salt shaker CD every 3 days 10g+ profit until aq opens.

I can't tell if trolling or serious. Seems like trolling.
killa162
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Erou » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:41 pm

Hes not trolling. Every LW can use salt shaker every 3 days to make rafined deeprock salt, which is used for making cured rugged hides, which are used for... well almost all sought crafted gear.
Erou
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by milliondollar » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:25 pm

Yeah im not trolling m8. Check the action house, Deeprock salt 5s; Rugged Hide 10s = Cured Rugged Hide 15g atm in Horde AH
milliondollar
Grunt
Grunt

by killa162 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:25 am

milliondollar wrote:Yeah im not trolling m8. Check the action house, Deeprock salt 5s; Rugged Hide 10s = Cured Rugged Hide 15g atm in Horde AH

Oh damn alright. When I read "Salt Shaker" I instantly thought of "PJSalt" twitch emote. Lol.

What happens after AQ opens? Deeprock Salt is attainable from drops inside AQ? I'd be throwing away my 60~ mining for level 1 LW. I'm only level 28, so I don't have gold at my disposal and even if I did I wouldn't make the profit back from the salt shaker CD before AQ would open to max out LW. So is it still beneficial to become a LW after AQ? I'm going to keep skinning so raw mats will cost be zero to obtain, so my profit margin will be much higher. But by then will LW be profitable to even make armor at that point?

Then you have the issue of there's 3 specializations to choose from Dragonscale/Tribal/Elemental, which one do you choose? Dragonscale since it focuses on mail armor, and eventually the server will progress into TBC so Alliance will finally pick up Draenei Shamans for more mail users. Idk how good enh was back in TBC but yeah. Which specialization do I choose?
killa162
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Mechanics and classes