Once I get 60 what ALT to make?

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Once I get 60 what ALT to make?

by killa162 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:07 am

So once I level my hunter to 60, most likely going to keep my hunter for PvE and I'll do BG's and such for fun, so my spec will be meh at best for PvP.

The classes I'm looking at for an alt is Mage/Lock/Warrior/Rogue/Pally(Holy). Now the Pally option is very iffy to choose, I'm not sure if I want to go with that but it's on the table to do so.

Keep in mind this alt I most likely want to PvP with when I reach 60, no point to have two raiding characters, to much work. I've always played a Warrior since Wrath when I started playing WoW, but idk about it now, I want to reach out into new area's like how I'm leveling a hunter for PvE instead of PvP. The only thing about Warrior, Rogue and Pally is that their difficult to level, I put pally last since it's easier to level than the other two. I know War is the hardest to level, so I don't know what to do. But I heard a Fury War is one of the best things in PvP with a pocket healer. And what spec/race would be best for each class at lvl 60 for PvP, that also might sway me on how the play styles are of each class.
Rangrim - Dwarf - Hunter - [Alliance] <Tinker Town Mafia> [PvP Server]
killa162
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Once I get 60 what ALT to make?

by ricohouse » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:30 pm

Mage/Lock/Warrior/Rogue all decent at PvP
ricohouse
Tester

by killa162 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:18 pm

ricohouse wrote:Mage/Lock/Warrior/Rogue all decent at PvP

Okay their all decent at PvP. But what are their weaknesses for each class listed, what are their strengths versus other classes, and what are their best race to choose(for Ally only)?

I'm only going to have two characters, so I want to make sure I pick the correct Alt that will give me the most joy playing. I've played every single class in Live WoW, so "play one that you haven't played before" isn't a option for me. I just want something that is well rounded and can easily queue solo in BG's and works great in OPvP.
killa162
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Aethelwulf » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:35 pm

For Alliance PvP only we can rule out Warlocks. Between UD WotF and Shaman Tremor Totems, you typically wouldn't go Warlock for the PvP when you can't really Fear or Seduce. Particularly in world PvP where you get ganked by Undead Rogues. If you want to play a Warlock, go Horde. Alliance is still doable, but your tools are heavily constrained and you're mostly an immobile mage without CCs, so better go Gnome and skill Engineering. But if you do that, you're better off playing the Mage, who isn't similarly handicapped and also has a very nice PvP set that buffs Blink and Mana Shield.

Rogue is hands down a solid PvPer and a master of open world PvP. Dwarf is best for Rogue v Rogue or Rogue v Warrior matchups since he removes bleed and poison (which includes Blind) and it helps a little vs UD Shadow Priests by removing Devouring Plague and it helps a little vs Frost Mages with the free +10 Frost Resist. The Rogue's downside is that Alterac Valley benefits ranged characters and the only thing a Rogue has is a ranged autoattack with high attack power. Not even Slice and Dice adds to ranged attack speed, although Troll Berserking does. Add Engineering and you have Thorium Grenades and maybe a Goblin Mortar for long-distance mayhem though.

Warrior is not really recommended as they are complete shit until they get farmed and carry epics. Not only is your damage output extremely reliant on your gear but your rage generation is reliant on your damage output, so that's a lot of fun.
Aethelwulf
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by killa162 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:41 am

Aethelwulf wrote:For Alliance PvP only we can rule out Warlocks. Between UD WotF and Shaman Tremor Totems, you typically wouldn't go Warlock for the PvP when you can't really Fear or Seduce. Particularly in world PvP where you get ganked by Undead Rogues. If you want to play a Warlock, go Horde. Alliance is still doable, but your tools are heavily constrained and you're mostly an immobile mage without CCs, so better go Gnome and skill Engineering. But if you do that, you're better off playing the Mage, who isn't similarly handicapped and also has a very nice PvP set that buffs Blink and Mana Shield.

Rogue is hands down a solid PvPer and a master of open world PvP. Dwarf is best for Rogue v Rogue or Rogue v Warrior matchups since he removes bleed and poison (which includes Blind) and it helps a little vs UD Shadow Priests by removing Devouring Plague and it helps a little vs Frost Mages with the free +10 Frost Resist. The Rogue's downside is that Alterac Valley benefits ranged characters and the only thing a Rogue has is a ranged autoattack with high attack power. Not even Slice and Dice adds to ranged attack speed, although Troll Berserking does. Add Engineering and you have Thorium Grenades and maybe a Goblin Mortar for long-distance mayhem though.

Warrior is not really recommended as they are complete shit until they get farmed and carry epics. Not only is your damage output extremely reliant on your gear but your rage generation is reliant on your damage output, so that's a lot of fun.

Okay so what I got from you is. Mage > Warlock since Lock is shit for Alliance, and go Gnome with Engi for extra CC and the decent escape artist racial. Dwarf Rogue is the way to go to counter other rogues and warriors and is a lot more solid dmg wise and less gear dependent, and also go engi with rogue. Down fall of Rogues is you're pretty weak in AV, but I already knew ranged wins in AV since it's 40v40 and melee get picked on by the backline.

So here's a new question, since I read this from the FAQ section on the Nostalrius forums by their staff:
What's next once all the content will be cleared?
A new TBC server will be opened after some months by the community we depend on. This new realm will be completely independent from Nostalrius Begins, that will continue to be supported. Additionally, the Nostalrius players will have the possibility to copy any character to the Burning Crusade realm. Once again, Nostalrius Begins will always stay online, and will always have its own dedicated staff.

So from above, my understanding from TBC Humans now get the OP Every Man for Himself racial. With this racial in mind for the future of playing with the Nostalrius realms. Should I go human with any of the above classes? What classes get buffed in TBC? Should I roll a Draenei Shaman when TBC comes around? Is Ele or Enh even viable? Are the same classes you explained above still powerful in TBC? Did any of those classes become weaker? Did Retribution paladins become viable in TBC? Arena is introduced into TBC, so should I start thinking about what classes go good in 3v3 comps? Questions could go on and on, but you get the idea of what answers I'm looking for. You can sum you answer down and condense soem of these questions as long as you hit the main points of all the questions and any worth while info I'll need to know.

I started playing in Wrath so I have no clue what's good in Classic/TBC so that's why there's all these questions. I really appreciate the responses everyone has given.

Thank you.
killa162
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Ana » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:10 pm

Since your immediate thought after getting lvl 60 is rolling an alt, I reckon you'll have 3 more before the human racial issue comes into consideration. TBC is a loooong way off.
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Aethelwulf » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:04 pm

Every Man For Himself is not added until WotLK. Until then Humans are terrible for PvP.

Another PvP-viable class I didn't mention is the Druid, although Tauren Druids have it better (+5% health and War Stomp). Druids are a high skill class though since playing a Druid isn't about picking your choice of warrior, caster, or rogue. It's about learning to shift between all of your forms effectively to defeat your enemies. They are high in demand for PvP though and they also have stealth.
Aethelwulf
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by killa162 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:14 pm

Ana wrote:Since your immediate thought after getting lvl 60 is rolling an alt, I reckon you'll have 3 more before the human racial issue comes into consideration. TBC is a loooong way off.

Well once I hit 60, I'll be working on getting my hunter geared for bis pre-raid gear. But between the down time of not raiding or getting burnt out on grinding for gear. Can always level an alt on the side. If anything I'll probably only have 1-2 alts since leveling is a long process. Thinking about 3 alts makes my brain hurt in this patch level. If this was retail I'd have no problem having 3 alts, you basically need 3 alts or more to even keep the game interesting anymore.

But yeah only 1-2 alts nothing more. Most likely just one alt unless the 2nd one can get boosted at the current time by friendly guildies.

Aethelwulf wrote:Every Man For Himself is not added until WotLK. Until then Humans are terrible for PvP.

Another PvP-viable class I didn't mention is the Druid, although Tauren Druids have it better (+5% health and War Stomp). Druids are a high skill class though since playing a Druid isn't about picking your choice of warrior, caster, or rogue. It's about learning to shift between all of your forms effectively to defeat your enemies. They are high in demand for PvP though and they also have stealth.

Ah shit... well then, that sucks haha. But very good to know.
Not much of a Druid player thou in the first place, never really enjoyed he class to even really touch it.
killa162
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Mechanics and classes