Annihilator proc chance

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Annihilator proc chance

by Dr. Doom » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:05 pm

It currently stands at 1 ppm, while a 2006 elitistjerks forum post where a person used Proc Watch reported numbers between 27% and 29%: http://forums.elitistjerks.com/forums/t ... ks/?page=1

I found already a report in the bugtracker: https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=3072
It is currently unaddressed

Furthermore, everyone can agree upon, myself included, that Annihilator procs are never happening of special moves.

I open this thread both to ask for feedback of anyone who ever got to see the axe in action as well as to see the opinions of other people wielding Annihilator. Is 1ppm anyhow close to what it should be? Doing tests for over an hour it's nigh impossible to get the 3 stacks of the debuff, even with the very long 45 second duration on it, as well as only being able to get a proc from white damage.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Re: Annihilator proc chance

by Dr. Doom » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:54 am

Also, although the axe may be used by a small minority of people, using current market prices, crafting this costs roughly 350g + fee for the axesmith, so it's a very real let down to invest time/money in it, for it to display this atrocious proc rate.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Armilus » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:27 am

That thread has already be linked and discussed. If you read the entire thread you will see that nobody was able to reproduce what the OP was reported and when the OP posts later on it is quite obvious that they do not understand how threat works.

On top of that, there are 0 numbers to back up anything claimed in the thread and more than one person comments saying that the annihilator has a terrible proc rate to the best of their knowledge.

This is literally the only thread on the entire internet that claims the annihilator is anything other than a piece of crap and a waste of arcanite. I would be VERY surprised if anyone had it crafted and expected it to be useful.
Cadmus - Priest, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Stabsington - Rogue, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Armilus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Dr. Doom » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:46 am

Armilus wrote:That thread has already be linked and discussed. If you read the entire thread you will see that nobody was able to reproduce what the OP was reported and when the OP posts later on it is quite obvious that they do not understand how threat works.

On top of that, there are 0 numbers to back up anything claimed in the thread and more than one person comments saying that the annihilator has a terrible proc rate to the best of their knowledge.

This is literally the only thread on the entire internet that claims the annihilator is anything other than a piece of crap and a waste of arcanite. I would be VERY surprised if anyone had it crafted and expected it to be useful.

It's not about threat here, just going over the proc chance %.
Let's say that yes, armor shatter doesn't have the threat bonus the author thought it was, but his proc watch was getting sizable numbers on armor shatter. On the contrary, Marisi' post here is that in nost, it currently has like 1 ppm. Something that I personally went and tested myself, getting these numbers:

I scoured the Internet for a while now, and the other reference I found, also a bug report in another private server, also places it much higher than this.

https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?i ... 8#comments
Annihilator = 15%; ppm = 5,2941 (5,3)

Think about it this way, the current PPM on Silent Fang, a dungeon weapon that doesn't cost anything to craft, and that provides a substantially superior debuff (6 sec silence are a far bigger deal than just -200 armor) is currently 1.5 in Nostalrius, I also tested this today via Proc Watch since I also have a copy of the sword.
Wouldn't the inferior debuff be a more recurrent proc than the superior debuff?
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Dr. Doom » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:23 am

I actually think I know what is an easy way to answer the question above. Better than trying to find old forum threads or so on.

I went over the whole blacksmithing patch history from patch 2.0.1 to the current stage of retail wow. The only patch mention pertaining to Annihilator I found was:
"Hotfix (2015-08-17): "Annihilator should no longer have a chance to trigger its on hit effect on targets that are above level 63.""
(apparently the weapon was scaling with level of the target).

Since there was never a change to the proc rate %.... wouldn't it be the easiest way to do this, to get a retail account, someone with the heaps of gold that exist there, craft this axe, do the same 1000 hits test I did here, and compare what is the proc rate?
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Issir » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:04 pm

This axe rocks.
But, you have to craft it for all tanks in your raid, since proc rate is not high enough. So you need more than 1 axe to get more than one stack. One axe gives 3 stacks VERY, VERY rare.

Same goes for Bashguuder (which stacks with Annigilator lol), but it holds 30 sec only and it's not buffed yet.

3 stacks + Crystal Armor + 5 stacks of sunder + FF - who would be a dps king? Mages?? jk not :D
Yep, imho this axe is even better than TF since it buffs melee dps (my raid is melee mostly) incredibly.
Wanna ask some questions about math and procrate? Ask Gooldicks.
Issir
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Undertanker » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:31 am

Our tanks have Nightfall for when not tanking. All with Icey weapon enchant.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Dr. Doom » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:23 am

Issir wrote:This axe rocks.
But, you have to craft it for all tanks in your raid, since proc rate is not high enough. So you need more than 1 axe to get more than one stack. One axe gives 3 stacks VERY, VERY rare.

Same goes for Bashguuder (which stacks with Annigilator lol), but it holds 30 sec only and it's not buffed yet.

3 stacks + Crystal Armor + 5 stacks of sunder + FF - who would be a dps king? Mages?? jk not :D
Yep, imho this axe is even better than TF since it buffs melee dps (my raid is melee mostly) incredibly.
Wanna ask some questions about math and procrate? Ask Gooldicks.

And therein lies the problem imo. The axe should be capable of consistently stacking itself, even if it takes 20-40 seconds or so.

I think I found someone in my guild with access to level 100 characters in retail, he has agreed to buy an annihilator there (easily done since gold is more plentiful than ever) and do the same proc rate analysis over 1000 hits.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Return to Mechanics and classes