Why is Sulfuras better for other classes than for warriors?

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Re: Why is Sulfuras better for other classes than for warrio

by Dr. Doom » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:26 pm

Xizt wrote:Is hand of ragnaros for a pve warrior any good? from reading your guys commend it seems to go about pvp?

Skipping the fact hardly any warrior uses 2handers for raiding, I sincerely doubt it. A ton of raid mobs are stun immune (all bosses are) making the mace spec an even lower factor. Furthermore, a second swing from a sword, or more consistent critting from an axe will always yield more rage. More rage, more abilities, more dps being dished out.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by vido » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:32 pm

You shouldn't raid arms spec'd, so weapons specs are irrelevant. For 2h Fury It's on par with ashkandi, perhaps it edges out depending on the proc and slam usage. It's worse than HWL by a decent amount and much worse than a BRE though.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by dumad » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:38 pm

smilkovpetko wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovhRqAxnXqg

That's why is better for others than warriors.

slower = stronger

Jesus that UI is awful, I can't believe people ever thought that was good. Mine was bad, but that is seriously horrible.

As far as the topic goes there really isn't anything I can add that hasn't been said already. It isn't bad for warriors, there just really isn't any reason for them to want it. Mace spec is underwhelming compared to sword and axe, and if you're 2h fury there is no reason to take Sulfuras over BRE.
dumad
Tester

by Simonich » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:17 pm

I want my weapon to be slower, its to my advantage in pve vs regular mobs or players.

Hamstring + kite in-between the cooldowns of your auto-attacks overall just lets you give a stronger hit (cause your weapon is slower) while during the tiny kite periods you dont take damage and at the same time your mortal strike is to be used again, bursting out. Especially useful vs rogues, and can be useful vs fury warriors and paladins.

And generally those scary crit burts vs clothies are good in pvp, and ofcourse the fact your instant abilities count in the damage of your weapon, which is much higher with a 2-hander
Was good to have you all

Hail The Red Dawn <3
Simonich
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Heglamore » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:31 pm

Basically the argument is:

"Sulfuras is a paladin and enhancement shaman 'BIS Forever and Ever'. Until Naxx, which nobody will complete ever. And even if it was completed, those weapons, while superior are not superior enough to be worth bidding DKP on before other things because of the number of bonuses that Sulfuras provides."
- Perfect speed for Paladin and Enhancement abilities (3.8 speed is better for their skills).
- Proc that scales with spell damage.

This item requires an investment of some 2-5000+ gold to even build *if* you get the eye.

For a warrior; a superior alternative exists, with much less effort to reach: AKA - Ashkandi.
- Sword specialization talent provides DPS. The sword-spec procs can crit, and provide additional rage.
- Has superior DPS in and of itself.
"you re ev il AND i kill y o u" - Malachie, Talking in 'Orc Gibberish'
Heglamore
Sergeant
Sergeant

by xiaopingling » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:31 pm

Simonich wrote:I want my weapon to be slower, its to my advantage in pve vs regular mobs or players.

Hamstring + kite in-between the cooldowns of your auto-attacks overall just lets you give a stronger hit (cause your weapon is slower) while during the tiny kite periods you dont take damage and at the same time your mortal strike is to be used again, bursting out. Especially useful vs rogues, and can be useful vs fury warriors and paladins.

And generally those scary crit burts vs clothies are good in pvp, and ofcourse the fact your instant abilities count in the damage of your weapon, which is much higher with a 2-hander

This, there's a reason warriors are advised to level with slow 2handers not just post-MS and that reason is hamstring.
xiaopingling
Grunt
Grunt

by Undertanker » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:35 pm

Hamstring is a base amount of damage regardless of the weapon speed.

Hamstring only correlates with weapon speed with sword spec or WF totem, HoJ procs.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by sgtnanners » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:46 pm

Mace spec sucks. You'd be better off using a bre.

/thread
sgtnanners
Sergeant
Sergeant

by stimz » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:49 am

didn't read anything past the title so dunno if its been answered by someone who isnt an idiot citing reck socomm or windfury as the reason, but its the arms 2h talents. mace stun is ass until tbc.
stimz
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Dr. Doom » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:57 pm

just to keep the chat going on since the arms talents have been stated already: Would a Fury 2hander guy (no specific weapon specs) technically want Sulfuras over epic 2handers? Or still not.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Mechanics and classes