Mage or Rogue? Cant chose

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Mage or Rogue? Cant chose

by bamboocha » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:17 pm

Hello there!
I have long world of warcraft experience, but never played in vanila. I found that server and I cant decide which class should i take.
Mostly I want play PvP, I know both classes are good to this, but what about leveling? what about difficulty?

Waiting for your suggestions.
bamboocha
Tester

Re: Mage or Rogue? Cant chose

by Gurgel » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:33 am

First of all Welcome to Nostalrius and I hope you will enjoy your stay!
Shall I begin?

It's really a matter of preference. Both classes are probably the 2 strongest DPS classes in vanilla when it comes to PvP. And I think both classes can do alot if played correctly. Difficulty-wise I'd say they are pretty even. Playing Mage might be a little bit harder.

Lvling-wise I think Mage is easier, especially if you spec into frost. You have great damage and alot of CC. You can also conjure food and water so you don't need to spend gold on that.
The only problem is that you are very squishy and you can get shat on pretty easily if you don't watch out.

Rogues are a bit harder and can really only kill 1 mob at a time, unless you are combat and 30 + for Blade Flurry.
But if you have a really good weapon as a rogue through all the lvls, you will have no problem and be killing mobs fast. Rogues are also masters of fleeing. You can vanish, sprint, blind and pretty much do anything to get away from people ganking you.

So it comes back personal preferences.

Do you want to be a great wizard and strike down foes from a far with great bolts of fire and frost or do you want to be cheap and sneak up on your enemies from behind and use your poison and daggers to assassinate them?

I choose to be cheap!
Gurgel
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Mechanics and classes