Force Disk + SP scaling

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Force Disk + SP scaling

by Undertanker » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:00 pm

Do any of you previous server AoE pallys know the proper scaling for SP using Force Disk?

I picked up the Hero Charm with SP to use on AoE pulls however the scaling was uneventful. The damage hits for 79ish, was hoping for something closer to 200, this might be for a AoE pally tank gear set with more SP to reach the +200 on hits with this shield I suppose.

Thanks in advance.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Re: Force Disk + SP scaling

by Theloras » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:05 pm

Undertanker wrote:Do any of you previous server AoE pallys know the proper scaling for SP using Force Disk?

I picked up the Hero Charm with SP to use on AoE pulls however the scaling was uneventful. The damage hits for 79ish, was hoping for something closer to 200, this might be for a AoE pally tank gear set with more SP to reach the +200 on hits with this shield I suppose.

Thanks in advance.

You would have to go the road of "Fire Rogues" back on Peenix if you as a warrior want to hit 200+ Force Reactive Disc procs.

We can do it rather easily since come patch 1.9, T2 gets re-itemized for spell damage and Tier 2.5 is introduced as well. But it would be difficult for you to hit that high I'm afraid without stealing caster gear.

You may want to consider getting mail armour with +spell dmg like the belt that drops off of Chormaggus "Primalist's Linked Wristguard" or the mail abyssal "of the sorcerer" items.
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by thenuclearwalrus » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:30 am

Im not 100% sure on this, but I believe SP scales on it the same way it would scale on an instant cast damaging spell. I.E. not very good scaling. I think there was a thread about aoe tanking as a paladin with this shield somewhere in the pally forum. Though really I would recommend instead stacking alot of attack power and use consecration as its damage scales from AP, and can get pretty rediculous (100 per sec ticks from rank 1)
thenuclearwalrus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by smilkovpetko » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:09 pm

i am not so sure what suppose to be coefficient

but all i know is that it is not supposed to scale with sp next patch

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Patch_1.9.0

The Force Reactive Disk's and Cloak of Fire's effects will no longer gain a benefit from effects that increase spell damage.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Theloras » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:00 pm

thenuclearwalrus wrote:Im not 100% sure on this, but I believe SP scales on it the same way it would scale on an instant cast damaging spell. I.E. not very good scaling. I think there was a thread about aoe tanking as a paladin with this shield somewhere in the pally forum. Though really I would recommend instead stacking alot of attack power and use consecration as its damage scales from AP, and can get pretty rediculous (100 per sec ticks from rank 1)

undertanker is a warrior though, that's why he is asking about it here
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Undertanker » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:27 pm

Thanks for the input. I will stick with the def gear and Hero Charm for the SP on it. Will eventually get a ToeP once master mains dont need to aternate them on trash pulls. Was doing 550+ dps on AoE pulls with the combo, but dont want to lose Def/Stam for SP.

I will get a SP weapon with 30 SP on it eventually as these can be swapped mid combat.

Bout to buy a second disk so I can use more often.

Edit: forgot takin scaling away. Well, I will have fun with ZG trinket till then I guess.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by thenuclearwalrus » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:54 am

Theloras wrote:
undertanker is a warrior though, that's why he is asking about it here

Undertanker wrote:this might be for a AoE pally tank gear set

Dont worry, I hilighted the part you must have missed, I get it, reading is hard, typical paladin.
thenuclearwalrus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Mechanics and classes