Blade of the Wretched proc rate 50 percent?

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Blade of the Wretched proc rate 50 percent?

by Marmotmaster » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:20 am

Recently ran Sunken Temple to help out a friend , Took ' Blade Of The Wretched' for RP cause nobody wanted it, I Ran around felwood hitting mobs and noticed the proc rate on this item is about 30-50 percent at the very least, it's insane . Is this blizz like? or is there a serious error with this sword and it's proc rate.
I'm putting it on my bank i originally took it for cosmetic reasons .

The chance on hit : 90 corruption damage over 3 seconds ( scaling with my SP on my lock hits about 180 over 3 seconds..)

I'd post a link to vanilla gaming but i don't know if that is allowed. feel free to look up the item yourself.

But i guess the main point of this thread would be , IS IT BROKEN??
it's a level 49 sword.. Does anyone have OG vanilla experience with this sword in live?
Marmotmaster
Tester

Re: Blade of the Wretched proc rate 50 percent?

by thenuclearwalrus » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:45 am

Well if the proc rate is that high, Im gonna need to watch for it for my tank, proc probably causes a nice amount of threat.
thenuclearwalrus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Marmotmaster » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:40 am

thenuclearwalrus wrote:Well if the proc rate is that high, Im gonna need to watch for it for my tank, proc probably causes a nice amount of threat.

Haha just about the only thing i know about tanking is the best weapon speed's are 1.30 to 1.50

I believe the blade is 2.10. lmao but the proc is pretty hardcore.
Marmotmaster
Tester

by Combobreaker » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:35 am

I saw a top tier raiding tank wielding that out of ST and knew something was up with it.

Definitely used for aggro tanking, if proc rate is that high I'd suspect it to be erroneous.
Combobreaker
Private
Private

by Uzephi » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:28 am

I think the sword had a high proc rate, but an internal CD to make it average a lower PPM than you are getting.Some vanilla weapons had 30-50% proc but with an internal 30sec to 3min internal CD depending on weapon and proc.
Uzephi
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by costner123 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:17 pm

49 rogue/warrior twinks incoming
costner123
Private
Private

by Undertanker » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:04 am

Uzephi wrote:I think the sword had a high proc rate, but an internal CD to make it average a lower PPM than you are getting.Some vanilla weapons had 30-50% proc but with an internal 30sec to 3min internal CD depending on weapon and proc.

Internal CDs dont exist in Vanilla. Get that retail mess out of here
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Undertanker » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:06 am

Marmotmaster wrote:
thenuclearwalrus wrote:Well if the proc rate is that high, Im gonna need to watch for it for my tank, proc probably causes a nice amount of threat.

Haha just about the only thing i know about tanking is the best weapon speed's are 1.30 to 1.50

I believe the blade is 2.10. lmao but the proc is pretty hardcore.

1.3 speed ONLY when you have infinite rage to spam heroic strike. If you are limited on rage like in 5 mans, Onxyia MC then a weapon with a good proc or good stats is best, regardless of the speed.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by stimz » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:55 am

costner123 wrote:49 rogue/warrior twinks incoming

why, when they can already abuse ravasaur poison scaling off 100% SP/Nature Damage per stack. Also not Blizzlike, fix incoming in 10 months. Or already fixed, don't really play much anymore.
stimz
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Keftenk » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:29 pm

Hmmm...I got this sword fixed once on the bug tracker. I guess it got reverted back at some point. Unfortunately I can't link the ticket since it has been made invisible to normal users.
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to Mechanics and classes