Garr being OP

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Garr being OP

by zmandude24 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:57 am

Apparently you can't kill Garr without killing all the adds from what I've heard. Is anyone else experiencing this?
zmandude24
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Garr being OP

by Botmaster5 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:25 am

maybe 3 or so weeks ago, but we killed garr this week without killing a single add first
<Titans of War> Xashe
"Behold those who have power, and who are not afraid to wield it. Behold... the warlocks!" - Gul'dan
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Ana » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:57 am

So what are his current mechanics? Because they seem to change every week
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Undertanker » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:49 pm

Separation Anxiety - if an add is taken too far away from Garr, they receive this buff and enrages the add until brought closer again.

Remove buff - Randomly takes a buff from you - if gar is up long enough all buffs are gone with the exception of elixirs and consumables of that nature as only the magic buffs can be removed.

Garr gets stronger and does more damage with each add that dies.

Kill Command - When Garr is sub 50% HP he can order a "Kill Command" to any or all his adds (even if they are banished). The add will blow up regardless of their HP.

Garr adds - They will blow up for up to 5k damage when they die. Kill far away from the raid one at a time, as you want the other adds to be near Garr until it's time to kill that add to prevent all adds from having Separation Anxiety.

If you opt to kill Garr first, a very well geared tank can tank all adds with BIG BIG BIG heals on him. MT tanking Garr will not get hit hard due to adds being alive. Zerg Garr down, at 50% he could order adds to start blowing up for big damage, so right before 50% the tank on the adds pop shield wall / last stand / life giving gem to survive the explosions with their back to the wall. Very dangerous strat but is key for a good time on speed runs.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Setup » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:56 pm

Im kind of amazed that people do speed runs in MC.

I wonder what other kind of dumb bullshit people would do if realmplayers measured they had done it.
Setup
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Undertanker » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:07 pm

Not everything is a epeen contest.

I personally don't want to spend two hours doing something I can do in 50 min. I don't go for top comp speed runs, but I expect a healthy pace in MC/BWL as it sets the tone for what we as a guild expect. Also with the release of AQ, and being a 2 night a week guild, I might opt to doing MC/BWL/Onxyia in one night, so to keep it all sub 3 hours things like this help.

Wanna afk every pull go join a pug.

But rather than be helpful to the OP, continue to troll. It's a better look for you.... just another shit poster.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Thatoneguy » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:24 pm

Setup wrote:Im kind of amazed that people do speed runs in MC.

Speedrunning is fun. MC doesn't somehow make speedrunning boring.

It's like having a big dick, it's just fun to have a big piece of meat between your legs.
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Keftenk » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:03 pm

TBH, speed running would still be a thing if RP didn't exist. Just like how low-manning shit is.
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by zmandude24 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:51 pm

We are just starting out and the damage is actually a problem for us. The tanks are in preraid BiS on average, and many of the healers and casters are in less than half preraid BiS.
zmandude24
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Undertanker » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:13 pm

Like most fights that involve adds, the fight gets progressively easier as you go.

So pop cooldowns at the start and big heals.

Make sure the tanks do not have their add too far from Garr, the person tanking the kill target will need to be topped off and a PW: Shield right before the mob dies. Tank should position themselves so the knockback effect from the blast knocks them towards the healers which the tank can start watching banishes.

Its a slow and steady pace, warlocks focus banish > damage. Have your weakest tanks tank targets that will die first. Assign 2 heals to each add tank, and rest of the healers on main tank.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to Mechanics and classes