possible extra attack bug

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

possible extra attack bug

by Tabolacci » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:48 am

hello, as far as i know, a good percentage of vanilla servers have this bug: warrior's sword specialization / hand of justice / windfury totem doesn't proc correctly the extra attack, making it a next attack (not instant as it should be)
plus in some cases you can see the animation of proc (sword spec/hoj/WFtotem) and the extra attack will not deal damage, this will happen mostly when you use a melee special attack (mortal strike/WW/stormstrike/hamstring) i just wanna know if in this server they have already fixed the extra attack system, because if it is, i will totally love to play in this server with a warrior since it is my main class. :D
Tabolacci
Tester

Re: possible extra attack bug

by Daemon » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:26 am

This is fixed on Nostalrius.
Daemon
Administrator
Administrator

by Tabolacci » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:58 am

thanks for the info!
Tabolacci
Tester

by Hatson » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:51 pm

Just to be 100% sure here, Daemon.
Can HoJ's extra attack swing also proc Windfury.
Because I know Windfury extra swings can not proc Windfury. But Stormstrike can, even though it does yellow damage, it is considered a "weapon hit". Thus it can proc Windfury.
Does the same go for Hand of Justice?
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Anselm » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:02 pm

I'm pretty sure it does Hatson. Weapons' damages procs can also proc WF
Anselm
Tester

by Hatson » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:29 pm

That's how it should, yes. But I just want to make sure that HoJ is still the beauty that it is here as well.

Here is forum talk from 1.9 about it.

And here is a screenshot of me with HoJ

And no, that is not a picture of HoJ proc'ing WF. For all we know it could've been the auto attack instead. Both the stormstrike, auto, WF proc, HoJ all happen at the same time on my screen and in the combat log, due to them all proc'in at the same time. So it can be hard to discern from which is the Auto Attack swing, and which is the HoJ proc. Because they're both the same, and HoJ doesn't tell you when it procs in the combat log. But you will see the blue flash under your character when it does.

But the point is that the extra attack off HoJ can also proc WF, due to it being a "weapon hit" - What this means is that theoretically it is possible to get a WF procs like this if you're EXTREMELY lucky:
Stormstrike 1 (+2 WF hits)
Auto Attack 1 (+2 WF hits)
HoJ attack 1 (+2 WF hits)
You could get 9 hits in an instant, if the planets aligned for you. Personally I've only had that happen once or twice for me. But the usual result of these all proc'ing are about 5-7 hits. The 9 hit wonder is very rare.
Last edited by Hatson on Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Anselm » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:39 pm

I meant it worked well during the beta :p Hope it still does
Anselm
Tester

by Youfie » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:41 pm

Btw, during beta extra attacks weren't appearing in the combatlog, whether they were Sword Spec, HoJ, Thrash Blade or WF. The hits themselves were there, just not the "You gain one extra attack from Sword Specialization." for instance.

Haven't played during the end of the beta, and couldn't attend the PvP test so I have no idea if it's working atm, has anyone paid attention to that detail ?
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by venven » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:39 pm

Anselm wrote:I meant it worked well during the beta :p Hope it still does

Yep, was working properly.
Having said that, although I was carrying HOJ during the pvp test, I didn't have the chance to find out whether it still works. Guess we need some sort of PVE session to check this out.
Rogue IG & IRL.
venven
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Tabolacci » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:08 pm

i am pretty sure that WF and WF totem have the hidden internal cd of 3 sec so it cant proc off another WF proc
example: you swing 1 time = 1 Auto Attack 1 WF proc(2 Hits) 1Extra attack from HoJ, max 4 hits for shaman,
the story will be different with warriors since sword spec is "Gives you a 5% chance to get an extra attack on the same target after dealing damage with your Sword" so maybe warriors with a bit of rng they will get more attacks for example: 1AA, 1WF totem proc,1 sword spec proc,1 hoj proc, and another sword spec proc(procced from hoj or wf) up to 5 hits or more with rng, correct if im wrong but as far as i know it will be something like this.

edit: checking on some vanilla shaman movies i found this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kowzkmkLtxg
this video clearly shows at 4:23-4:28 the shaman hitting 1 time and proc windfury (see the combat log) and then using stormstrike and proc windfury again in less than 3 seconds so now i am confused, did they add the internal cd after vanilla? :?:
Tabolacci
Tester

Next

Return to Mechanics and classes