Craft in Vanila"

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Craft in Vanila"

by Cloud » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:26 pm

I wonder what was the diferences about crafting in pre-bc retail.
I see that Jewellery don't exist por example, any other differences ??
And what about their utilities in HL PvE ?
Cloud
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Craft in Vanila"

by balsh » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:07 pm

You don't get any passive bonus from crafts like in later expensions so it's different from that point of view.
Crafting is more like a group/guild work in vanilla, you'll need those nasty enchants/pots/crafts and to get the best prices you'll have to help a mate(at least letting him roll the recipes). There are still some pretty nice BOP crafts in forge but it's not that relevant.
Enchanting and alchemy are key to pve guild wise, while engineering is pretty much the only option for pvp.
And engineering is really awesome in vanilla, you get access to an unmatched range of gadgets.
It's just overpowered pvp wise.
balsh
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Demeroth » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:51 pm

Correct my if I'm wrong but as far as I remember you can earn 300 skill with lvl 5 character - alts <3
Demeroth
Private
Private

by mrmr » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:38 am

you cannot.
you need to be lvl35.
I'm not root of myself.
mrmr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Drain » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:48 am

Cloud wrote:I wonder what was the diferences about crafting in pre-bc retail.
I see that Jewellery don't exist por example, any other differences ??
And what about their utilities in HL PvE ?

In Classic, they focused mostly on BoE crafts, which could be sold for good revenue if nothing else. The fewer people that did a profession, the more valuable it was to have. If too many people did one, then it wasn't worth very much. Supply and demand determined their values, which varied realm to realm and between factions. From my experience, professions have always been worth more on the smaller realms and factions.

There aren't many utilities. I don't know if you count mithril spurs, movement speed enchants, or resist potions. But Alchemy did have things such as water breathing, and Engineering could make parachute cloaks, jumper cables, and repair bots. I used to enjoy jumping off the cliff into Ungoro or jumping off Zeps with the parachute. If you had that item, regardless of your class, then you could just jump off anywhere you wanted.

"you cannot.
you need to be lvl35."
I believe that's the case to get to 300/300. But some also required quests. I used to do quests for First Aid and Cooking every character, which I don't think they'd hand out to you before level 30. Without being able to pick up the quest, you would hit a brick wall with no way to advance your skill higher. Specializations also required quests, such as Gnomish Engineering, which have level requirements too. If you sit at level 5, there's not much of anything you'll be able to do, except maybe disenchant garbage. I can't remember when Blizzard put in the skill requirement to disenchant gear. That wasn't in the game originally, but they eventually locked that one off too. You then had to actually work the profession up to disenchant things over higher levels. Before the change, players ran dummy alts with Enchanting at 1 skill(usually the banker) that they would mail all their garbage to, disenchant, then sell the shards off of. They put a stop to that at some point.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Cloud » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:38 am

Okay I understand now.

Alchemy and Enchant will still be usefull for groupe and raid, but that's it, And enginering will get some bonus to pvp but it is all.
It's prety different from BC and WolTk ^^ ( their were more utilities and a lot of thing to put on character like jewel, enchant, glyphe etc ... + passive bonus )

That will be new for me ^^
Cloud
Grunt
Grunt

by Netherfrost » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:14 pm

Engineering is also good for pve, especially later in the game - Noteworthy items are the battle chicken and arcanite dragonling
Netherfrost
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Grungie » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:56 pm

PVE : 3% hit scope, Field Repair Bot 74A and Goblin jumper cables.
Grungie
Grunt
Grunt

by Shaggoth » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:36 am

The fire/frost/shadow resist trinks were nice too
Last edited by Shaggoth on Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PRAISE THE SUN \ o /

Beta-tester :
Shaggoth - warrior tank
Drokhun - shaman heal
Morfodion - warlock unstuff

Soon to be :
<3 <3 <3 Bountyhunter - Hunter <3 <3 <3
http://kmod.free.fr/root/Vid%E9os/kevin.swf
Shaggoth
Grunt
Grunt

by Xadas » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:52 am

the Thorium brotherhood reputation crafted items are really nifty for Fire Resist gear, especially on tanks. Nature resist and Frost Resist gear is also craftable/necessary later in the game.
Xadas
Grunt
Grunt

Next

Return to Mechanics and classes