AGI to Crit

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

AGI to Crit

by Keftenk » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:45 am

Today I was testing and taking a lot of notes on Crit and noticed something off, at least for Shaman.
It took 20 AGI to gain an additional 1% crit in the player book tool tip. I thought it was 19.7 AGI = 1 Crit for Shaman.

The base 1.7% crit was correct. I tested that on Orc as well as Troll.
Was this data from 2006 later changed during vanilla or is it wrong on Nostalrius? Unfortunately I wasn't able to test on any other class ;;

Documentation from 2006: http://www.wowwiki.com/index.php?title= ... did=366674
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Re: AGI to Crit

by Youfie » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:01 pm

Hi,

Isn't 19,7 roughly equal to 20 ?

We don't know exactly how the numbers were obtained back in 2006. Obviously, it is impossible to actually gain +19,7 agility to observe it is worth 1% crit. ; it was definitely obtained after some calculation (I don't know, maybe some guy had +197 Agility and had +10% crit. and then concluded it was 197/10 = 19,7, you know), but we don't know exactly how, nor how the retail servers used to round the numbers etc.

So maybe everything is just fine :). If we really take this 19,7 as a calculation basis (I guess we sould, it's the number you have everywhere, and it was quite easy to observe back in the days on retail), maybe NR is factoring it correctly but the client you know just rounds it up and it's only a visual thing.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Re: AGI to Crit

by Keftenk » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:20 pm

Perhaps, yea. I was just pointing it out.
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to Mechanics and classes